Decided to try a Kona!

Sheriff

Dirt Disciple
After spending more and more time on here, as well as spending more time doing cross country time stuff rather than jumping around like a loon (really starting to notice I don't heal quickly anymore!) I decided to get myself a Kona to have a play around on, and leave the Chameleon to the heavy stuff.

I talked to my parents and convinced them to 'lend me' one their 2 Hahannas. Bearing in mind that my mum and dad are mid 50's and late 60's respectively you'd think that would be an easy task... er - no.

Anyway, after taking off all the halfrauds stuff my mum had attached, putting back on the velocity stem and bars back it came with and adding a pair of wildgripper lites I had literally forgotten I had, it looks and rides a lot better! A lot of the components are odds and sods as the bike was bought second hand around 8 years ago, and the previous owner had 'upgraded' some of them.

The Manitou forks barely move, so I may be looking for P2's to match if anyone's got any?

Image097.jpg

Image099.jpg

Any comments and advice welcome!

Cheers, Andy

----------------
Now playing: Jimi Hendrix - Magic Carpet Ride
via FoxyTunes

re:

give the fork a nice lubing and it will work again... forgot about mine a coiuple of years, just lubed it up and it worked just fine again... then they disapered..

Very nice, your mum have good taste on bikes! I think it's 1996 year. The tyres looked good too especially having amberwalls on them, I also think P2's will suited it better, look for the grey ones to match the stem if you can.

That looks like a bike with a big smile on its face now someone is pampering it and taking it out to play. Nice one!

Used to have a Hahannah, although there are nearer the bottom of the Kona range still amazing bikes. Get some P2's on there and you'll only make it better!!

Back