Giant TCR Once - advice please

K70DUK

Dirt Disciple
Hello

I have been looking at this frame on Gumtree as I would like an older TCR.

The selling is asking for £450...its the bike without wheels.

I think that is is a chunk of money.

Is there anything you can tell me about this bike that makes the seller think its worth so much.

Thanks

Attachments

• tcr 1.PNG
    tcr 1.PNG
    178.2 KB · Views: 774
  • tcr 2.PNG
    tcr 2.PNG
    261.5 KB · Views: 773
Re:

If it's the one with the 1 1/8 fork, they are actually a very good frame. I had one and regret selling it. The original 1 inch fork version, which a mate still has seems more cheaply built ( but I can't explain exactly how - you instinctively know it)

If you are going to ride TTs fair enough, but if you're going to have to change bars and stem and add ergos, it will be an expensive purchase.

Its personal, but I would pay max £350 complete with half decent wheels, road bars and stem brifters and useable gear ratios

Adding to above, it's a combination of things:
-They have kudos due to being 'Mike Burrows' designed bikes.
-They have a bit of historic significance due to the change of frame design to dropped top tube and long seat post.
-They were actually quite good, back in the day.
-It's in full doping-spec ONCE team colours which is actually cool.

Other reasons:
-The bike looks like it's in very good condition.
-I can't see the groupset but it looks like the owner spent a fair chunk of cash on the TT cockpit.

Personally, I think £450 is a bit too much. I'd also think £350 for a complete bike is more like it unless it's a complete, original museum piece or has actual team use with a known rider.

Jonny69":3cfaq6am said:
Adding to above, it's a combination of things:
-They have kudos due to being 'Mike Burrows' designed bikes.
-They have a bit of historic significance due to the change of frame design to dropped top tube and long seat post.
-They were actually quite good, back in the day.
-It's in full doping-spec ONCE team colours which is actually cool.

Other reasons:
-The bike looks like it's in very good condition.
-I can't see the groupset but it looks like the owner spent a fair chunk of cash on the TT cockpit.

Personally, I think £450 is a bit too much. I'd also think £350 for a complete bike is more like it unless it's a complete, original museum piece or has actual team use with a known rider.

I think that about 250 is probably the max. I bought a pristine Bianchi Liquigas from 2005/6 with full campag for 170. It was a version that was not painted ...the aluminium is just finished with a clear varnish. I think that was a fair price. It was a via nirone. I havent ridden it yet, I was just going to use it as an interesting piece of art in the house.

I have noticed on ebay some bikes going for crazy prices especially bianchi's. I say going, they are advertised to sell for like £1300 for a Bianchi Mega alu.

Back