Paypal - getting worried

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I can only use my Paypal account if I give them my bank details.

I've just had a large deposit placed in my account then removed, incurring fees. My account is now locked until I complete my bank details.

Now this worries me as I've heard about unauthorised payments being taken from accounts by Paypal for no apparrent reason.

:?

legrandefromage":1v6xr6e4 said:

Had to do this with our account a couple of months back.

I believe its due to the amount of money in/out of the account, and in order for PP to comply with Anti Money Laundering Regulations, they need certain details to validate your account.

Do it, dont worry about it, but do what the wife and I do and only have £20/30 pounds ever in there ;)

aye, I had to do it a few years ago, also helps the tax man I think.... :evil:

Us Americanskies have to get our accounts "Verified" to do large transactions, especially since Europeen purchases involve truckloads of hard earned dollars.

Has been no problem for me.

Just had that myself. all about money laundering, ain't it always these days
Even had to pay all my old copper that I keep for the kid into an account rather than get cash. Can just see drug barons processing their profits in 1p and 2p coins

One other thing, don't change your primary currency, was the cause of a two week lock out for me and many others recently.

well Paypal have found in favour of some git who lied about not recieving a parcel. I now owe paypal even though the full amount was withheld during the dipute.

Nuts to 'em.

I've had no probs for 4 years now, until yesterday, had a email saying that a transaction had been returned by my bank, which was odd as there is shed loads of cash in there :roll:
Also i haven't used it for a few months.

Checked my paypal account and sure enough in history there's no activity.
So i've had to re- add my bank details.....Bloody idiots :roll:

Pickle":2qekcju2 said:
legrandefromage":2qekcju2 said:

Had to do this with our account a couple of months back.

I believe its due to the amount of money in/out of the account, and in order for PP to comply with Anti Money Laundering Regulations, they need certain details to validate your account.

Same here, did it, no probs.

I only send recorded ,i mean its 70p extra for gawds sake ,and it prevents this happening
The only time its happened to me was for a minidisc player some guy bought for the opening bid of 99p + £7 postage
it was the only [out of 80 parcels sent]that i didnt use recorded on
The guy claimed it never arrived
Sorry ,but i didnt believe him but without proof i had no choice but to refund

paypal took £750 from me because 2x buyers complained about their laptops. One took his apart and couldn't get it to work afterwards the other decided he preferred a brand new on instead after using mine for 3 weeks.
I lost the £750.00 one didn't return the laptop and the other buyer returned a ruined laptop in bits.

Since then paypal have frozen my account and demanded a further £150 they have frozen my g'friends and Father's paypal accounts although they have different addresses and are nothing to do with my ebay transactions.

Paypal are lying cheating thieves. Always use recorded delivery, always note serial numbers or mark items with ultra violet pen and never accept it for purchases over £50 or what ever you can afford to lose.

Once they have your credit card details its impossible to stop paypal removing any amount of money they choose from your bank account. Even your bank cannot stop the card transactions. Read the small print :roll:

Back