WANTED Olympus DSLR camera body E-510> (SORTED)

KermitGKona88

Gold Trader
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Hi Everyone

Just getting into a new hobby of DSLR photography, I don't have a great deal of money I bought an Olympus E-410 camera kit last year for 120 quid with 17.5-45 and 40-150 Tele AF lenses I have been getting some decent results, but especially with the larger Tele lens I would like some image stablization which the E-410 doesn't have. Also if you have a Tele lens greater than a 150 for the 4/3 system I would be interested. My neighbour with his £2000 (S/H) Nikon and his £1000 (S/H) 600mm Tele AF lens keeps banging on about me getting a Nikon but I just can't justify the outlay at this stage.

I hope someone has one of these old relics laying around and can help me please :D

Cheers

Mark :D

Below are some pictures I took at the weekend in my front garden ;)

Attachments

• Jackdaw 1.jpg
    Jackdaw 1.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 2,083
  • Plane 1.jpg
    Plane 1.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 2,083
  • Feed me.jpg
    Feed me.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 2,083
  • First Plane 1.jpg
    First Plane 1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 2,083
  • Fly Away (2).jpg
    Fly Away (2).jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,083
  • Inverse rainbow .jpg
    Inverse rainbow .jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 2,083
Re:

I remember looking at lots of reviews of the E-510 when it was new and I liked the picture quality. In the end, we got a Sony because of the easy availability of lots of old and compatible Minolta lenses, but I still check eBay every once in a while wondering whether to try one of those Olympus cameras. This one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Olympus-EVOL ... Sw1HVfEbJ5 - is going pretty cheaply, and if you sold off the E-410 and the surplus lens, you wouldn't be looking at much outlay at all.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

CassidyAce":2uypqkzi said:
I remember looking at lots of reviews of the E-510 when it was new and I liked the picture quality. In the end, we got a Sony because of the easy availability of lots of old and compatible Minolta lenses, but I still check eBay every once in a while wondering whether to try one of those Olympus cameras. This one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Olympus-EVOL ... Sw1HVfEbJ5 - is going pretty cheaply, and if you sold off the E-410 and the surplus lens, you wouldn't be looking at much outlay at all.

Hi

Thanks for your reply :D

I have been waiting until I edited the pictures until I changed this post. Yesterday I found an Olympus E-520 with a 14-42 lens and an 8 gig CF card for £60 locally, so now I can keep a shorter lens on my E-410 and the Tele lens on the E-520 best of both worlds :D

Was such a lovely late afternoon/evening I took a quick 6 mile round trip to Burgh Castle and to the Roman Fort.

Here are some pictures with the new camera all taken with the 40-150 Telephoto lens (On the 4th picture the factory in the distance is 5.74 miles away according to Google maps :shock: ) :D

Cheers

Mark :D

Attachments

• BC Marin .jpg
    BC Marin .jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,034
  • BC Crow 1.jpg
    BC Crow 1.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 2,034
  • Cantley and mill 1.jpg
    Cantley and mill 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,033
  • Butterfly 5.jpg
    Butterfly 5.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 2,033
  • Helicopter 2.jpg
    Helicopter 2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 2,033
  • Wallflower.jpg
    Wallflower.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,034
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Wow! £60 was a bargain. Good buy.

(Nice '95 Stinson, too; I've got the '96 version - good ride quality.)

Re:

Funnily enough the Stinson cost the same price but required a lot more modification :LOL:

Ride is lovely took it for a 26 mile run down the coast road today :D

Latest posts

Back