Early RockShox SID Blue

RicoMack

Dirt Disciple
Help me wise ones. I'm refurbishing an earlier, i.e. 2000 RockShox SID fork and was wondering if any one found a particular brand and color of paint that best replicates the SID blue of that era. One member a while ago recommended OSHA blue, but that color can vary from paint company to company. Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.

TIA

malt":tuvw37qz said:
Find a good pic on the net, then take it to a pint shop and get it matched.

Thanks for your response.

On the surface that sound like a reasonable idea, but in my experience with spray can paint the cap color doesn't always match the paint color inside, which is why I was asking if any body had actually experience painting SID blue and what company and color was used. I will probably have to do what you are suggesting but I'll wait for the decals from retrodecals to arrive and use those to match the color with if it domes down to that.

RicoMack":1zd5j4pn said:
malt":1zd5j4pn said:
Find a good pic on the net, then take it to a pint shop and get it matched.

Thanks for your response.

On the surface that sound like a reasonable idea, but in my experience with spray can paint the cap color doesn't always match the paint color inside, which is why I was asking if any body had actually experience painting SID blue and what company and color was used. I will probably have to do what you are suggesting but I'll wait for the decals from retrodecals to arrive and use those to match the color with if it domes down to that.

Control tech used to paint some stems on that color to match SIDs.

There are various services who'll scan a sample and mix an exact colour match in aerosol. Of course you'll need a perfect example of the colour you want to achieve.

I have somewhere found a table with RAL codes of Rock Shox Judy and SID colours, I must x-check my old BIKE magazines.
If you don`t find that information elsewhere, drop me a PM and I will check.
Definitelly I have RAL code for SID blue.

Tip. The same blue colour had been used by RooX company to match their components. If you can find any blue RooX, you got the right colour.

I have somewhere found a table with RAL codes of Rock Shox Judy and SID colours, I must x-check my old BIKE magazines.
If you don`t find that information elsewhere, drop me a PM and I will check.
Definitelly I have RAL code for SID blue.

Tip. The same blue colour had been used by RooX company to match their components. If you can find any blue RooX, you got the right colour.
Would you be able to dig out that table? I've spent a couple of hours searching for the colour code and had no joy. Would appreciate being able to get the right colour for the SID forks.

RAL 5015 Sky Blue, my best match from 90`s.

(If you don`t agree, find a better one, no offense/hate, please!)

Back