Hope Bulb front HUB415 adapter

stachaibou

Kona Fan
I've been trying to source one of these 20 mm through axle to 9 x 100 mm QR axle adapters for ages. I recently got one of the older Bulb hubs with the castellated rotor mount. The axle from this hub does fit the slightly younger one, but it is a touch too long for the 6 bolt hub shell. I would swap entire bikes for this part at this stage! Any help much appreciated.

Re:

Not sure if this helps, but I have a pair of black, 6 bolt bulbs not doing anything right now. They are both qr. I also have a few hope spares. Do you have a pic of what you are looking for? Can't promise but I can check to see if I have what you need.

Re:

Thanks for tour reply. It looks like this and might be found inside a Bulb 6 bolt front hub.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200714-075849_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714-075849_eBay.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 528
  • Screenshot_20200714-075849_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714-075849_eBay.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 528
Re: Re:

ishaw":3eabie42 said:
I'm fairly sure mine don't have that style of adapter, just end caps I'm afraid.

As far as I understand that was the only way to get qr on the bulbs, the end caps didn’t come in until the pro 2. Obviously happy to be corrected,

the axle is screwed together, you put an Allen key in each end of the qr hole (if you look closely it should be a hexagon not round).

Op, I have one which I would be happy to swap for the correct 20mm end caps if that helps?

Re:

So popped out to the garage and took some pics.

Qr bulb hub

Allen key in end (sorry it’s a bit fuzzy)

You will need 2 Allen keys

Disassembled

So like I said happy to swap for the correct (19mm & 13.5mm) bulb 6 bolt 20mm end caps. Unfortunately they are proving tricky to find aswell and if I let you have my qr the hub is unusable without one or the other.

Thanks for the photos Timoth27. Am ideally looking to switch the wheel between 2 bikes, one an old mountain bike, the other a touring bike, each has a fork with different dropouts, so i would need each adapter to stay with each bike/fork. How much would want for the hub?

Re: Re:

Timoth27":1105v12d said:
ishaw":1105v12d said:
I'm fairly sure mine don't have that style of adapter, just end caps I'm afraid.

As far as I understand that was the only way to get qr on the bulbs, the end caps didn’t come in until the pro 2. Obviously happy to be corrected,

the axle is screwed together, you put an Allen key in each end of the qr hole (if you look closely it should be a hexagon not round).

Op, I have one which I would be happy to swap for the correct 20mm end caps if that helps?
I checked mine and you are of course correct.

stachaibou":240cza6f said:
Thanks for the photos Timoth27. Am ideally looking to switch the wheel between 2 bikes, one an old mountain bike, the other a touring bike, each has a fork with different dropouts, so i would need each adapter to stay with each bike/fork. How much would want for the hub?

Sorry chap totally missed your post I’ll drop you a pm.

Back