Best 100/120mm Fork Around £300?

they were making mountain bike forks in the 70s eh :shock:

i dont seem to remember them being in the market during the 90s :roll:

and if you mean they were making motorbike forks back then , marzocchi were better anyway

perry":3n7t1nfq said:
they were making mountain bike forks in the 70s eh :shock:

i dont seem to remember them being in the market during the 90s :roll:

and if you mean they were making motorbike forks back then , marzocchi were better anyway

I think you know very well what I mean. You said the fork market, not making forks for mtb. I'm sure you also know the same technology goes into it, so Fox and Marzocchi can draw on that experience.

As I don't ride motorbikes, I can't comment on who's were better. It's probably subjective like so many other things. As far as mtb forks, I also like Marzocchis.

company historys asside i cant recommend particular manufacturers equipment after reading more bad things about them than good

nothing about them astounds me from a technical point that rockshox/marz/pace/manitou wernt already doing years before they were on our pedal bikes

and from a moral point i personally dont like the way they handled a mans paralisation ( i hope thats an actual word :? ) so on that basis alone i wouldnt buy a set of their forks even if they were amazing which ive been led to believe they are far from

of course local conditions and riding style determins how well something works for you personally

Qr case had nothing to do with them, it's lawyers and shareholders, no one else.

if the forks had lips on then it's the fault of the Qr maker, or the rider for not tightening them.

millions of cyclists ride millions of miles every day, only numpties forget or don't bother to check their QR every ride.

Or maybe you should also consider Magura - I think I like their forks more than any others I own (that is only Marzocchi and Answer/Manitou mind you).

Anyway, the Magura Menja is a very, very nice fork and even the older set of Asgards that I have always impress me. They ( the Asgards) are under-rated gems if you take the time to dial-in the oil levels/viscosities and air pressures to suit your riding.
The only downside to Magura (and Marzocchi too) is that they don't officially release service information to the consumer. I don't think that they do themselves any favours with this policy. However, Magura do have a good technical help website and service problems always get answered. They have a very good UK service and spares facility too.

Their forks perform at least as well (or better) than anything else out there, are well engineered, very reliable and a pleasure to work on. What more could you want ??

I'll chip in with another thumbs up for Magura. I've got the relatively basic Odur 100m (spring) set, & so far so good. I've only been on them a few weeks, so early days, but they have a nice consistent feel to them & a lockout which still gives 20mm or so of sag. Mine weigh about 4.7lbs, but the air version, which I think is the Menja Andy mentioned, shave about a pound off that.

New 2009 Rock Shox Sid race £299 from Merlins,these look really good for the money and quite light.

MJN":oqsnviuj said:
New 2009 Rock Shox Sid race £299 from Merlins,these look really good for the money and quite light.

they're also exceptionally flexy, the tyre comes scarily close to the fork stantion under hard cornering :shock:

Back