Surly Crosscheck

Yo Crashy

Devout Dirtbag
OK so it was a new bike on Saturday, but seeing as Surly favour old school stuff like steel and useful design touches, I thought it deserved a place on here.

It rides like a bike, has no real handling characteristics and I love it.

ykkp5t.jpg

Not the only one! Nice bikes guys.

My main bike below - Surly is the retro man's modern frame. Beautiful, simple, steel (and a steal at the price). Love Surly to bits.

Here's my 1x1.

surc.jpg

surd.jpg

surb.jpg

sure.jpg

sura.jpg

God I like that 1x1.

Looking at that has made me desperate for a nice steel singlespeed!! Love it.

Crosscheck is a great choice, simple and sturdy. Not many frames still let you use downtube shifters either!

I've used mine (badly) off road, rode in France in the summer, for a cyclo sportif in Wales in October and have now fitted mudguards for the winter.

Nice! :D I really like the look and simplicity of Surly's, but can't get my head around the fact they weigh more than a small car :?

Aaagh - and now I've bought a second Crosscheck! Collect on Saturday.

Must clear a space in the shed although by my wifes reaction this could be as much for me as the bike.

("Must not buy more bikes, must not buy more bikes ......")

Like the 1x1 - interesting fixed cog, by the way, where did you get it from? I've been wanting to try a fixie, but wanted the chance of bailing to a single cog if it all got too much. It looks like it bolts onto the disc mounts, is that right?

Could be just the thing for my (slightly more old school, but not much) DeKerf single speed, the wheels are built on Hope xc hubs, and I'm running v's, so I've got a disc mount spare!

Back