The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Orange advice

minsterman":b07q9gj8 said:
...Sorry for my previous mistake in posting this message on the wrong thread
I wouldn't worry about it. Welcome to the site dude.

minsterman":b07q9gj8 said:
I'm thinking about selling my P7 but not sure if I would get more if I broke it down & sold bits separately.
Any ideas about value of the frame & forks (19 inch nickel frame with 1 inch threaded headset - possibly around 1996). Superb condition & little use.
Thanks
Yes, you'll almost always get more from selling a bike part by part, unless of course the parts are so old and worn out that they aren't fit to sell separately. In your case, that obviously isn't the case, and I think you would raise 50% or so more by selling part by part.

I think you might find that the frame and brilliant forks don't raise quite as much as you might expect, or as you might justifiably feel is merited. The fact is that they're in quite plentiful supply and it may be that familiarity breeds contempt and that being British-designed reduces their eBay blingyness. Nevertheless, that looks a particularly good example and if well sold with good photos f/f might raise £100+.

Would need a list of the parts, but they look modern and good condition, so there could be £250 there in total. But as I say, that doesn't mean that the whole bike would raise anything like as much as £350.

Or of course you could just take the wiser option and keep it.

lumos2000":28n9mx2j said:
aivd tri-align 2 canties NOS in box, any ideas on what they are worth and what year they are from? i have 2 long arm and 2 short arm

quite a bit i would say , up to £80 .

Hello, if a few of you have read my first post you may realise i am getting a frame that i wanted when i was at school 10 years ago.

A GT LTS-1.

Now its basically the frame, bottom bracket, and front mech, and he wants £125 for it.

Does that sound about right, or do i go try find another?

I think its a post 96 and one of the top bushes seems to be lose/lost its thread where the allen headed bolt goes in?

Re: Orange advice

minsterman":fizabzaq said:
I'm thinking about selling my P7 but not sure if I would get more if I broke it down & sold bits separately.
Any ideas about value of the frame & forks (19 inch nickel frame with 1 inch threaded headset - possibly around 1996). Superb condition & little use.

Thanks

...Sorry for my previous mistake in posting this message on the wrong thread

Keep it, and come along to the Isle of White ride on the 7 dec. ;)

Raleigh R700 Special Products

Anyone able to give me an indication as to what I should ask for my bike?

Attachments

• PB100018_r1_c1.jpg
    PB100018_r1_c1.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,340
clockworkgazz":30vw7mp1 said:
complete bike or just frame and forks mate?

Complete bike as shown in the picture. I was going to do frame and forks, but will do full bike as shown.

Comes with 9 Speed Ultegra and Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels.

If I was buying I would consider £300 but I really don't know much about road bikes so I suspect that this is a long way off a true valuation :roll:

flanajb":3dcaszx0 said:
clockworkgazz":3dcaszx0 said:
complete bike or just frame and forks mate?

Complete bike as shown in the picture. I was going to do frame and forks, but will do full bike as shown.

Comes with 9 Speed Ultegra and Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels.

some roadies can be fussy b'stards - if it isnt carbon and next years model, they dont want to know.

It could be as low as £175. You might want to try the wheels on their own and slap another set on the bike.

I've seen mint £3k bearly ridden cannodales not even make £450 S/H. I could cry as I never have enough money at the right time...

cranks

rough value please for these ?? couple of scratches but otherwise in decent condition ..... yes they are orange ! i'll get it in the correct area yet !!!

Attachments

• P9110016.JPG
    P9110016.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,493
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back