Condor '63 54cm complete bike

empenny

Retro Newbie
Looking for an idea of how much my condor is worth - considering selling it.

The frame number shoes the frame was made in 1963.

Campag chainset and front hub. Single speed. I think that the frame can take single speed or hub gear, which I did have fitted previously. Currently one front mini-v brake. Frame resprayed a few years ago by Hetchins. Needs a bit of a tidy up in places. Let me know what else you need to know!

Attachments

• PHOTO-2020-06-21-12-01-13.jpg
    PHOTO-2020-06-21-12-01-13.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG-5302.JPG
    IMG-5302.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 430
  • IMG-5303.JPG
    IMG-5303.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 428
  • IMG-5304.JPG
    IMG-5304.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 430
In that configuration not allot I’m afraid as it’ll be classed a fixie

Hi, It looks to be a Condor with W.B.H. No. 2 lugs so it’s a desirable frame made by Bill Hurlow, prices are all over the place at the moment. Could you post the frame number as I trying to compile a list of frame number and lug types. If anyone has late 50'-70's Condors especially Fleur de Lis pattern or W.B.H No.3 could they PM me so I can add data to speed sheet.

All the best with the sale.

Re:

Yes a No2. If 1963 then 99% likely by WBH. I prefer the No2 to the No1 which is probably the most common. I like my bikes with period components and so think the configuration counts against it but others will disagree. Good luck with it.

Re:

sdp2112 thanks for PM I can't reply yet till I make more posts! Thanks for the info, I have never seen a Fleur de lys but I have photos of one WBH 3. I own a 1959 WBH 2 and 1961 Italia, I will reply in PM as soon as allowed!

Re:

You might do better getting it split, £50 for cranks, depending what bottom bracket, £20 for that (if campag), something for the wheels etc.
Then sell the frame. Should be £100 easy for that early Condor, but not many buyers will want to spend £200 to have The frame a load of unwanted parts.

Re:

A bit harsh MatBH5. If you like old frames then a Condor built by WBH is about as good as it gets, (I am biased when it comes to Condor and WBH). Sure the frame may need a paint job or at least some transfers but I think that is a very tasty frame. Surely £250-300, find another.

Re: Re:

sdp2112":q4ktb543 said:
A bit harsh MatBH5. If you like old frames then a Condor built by WBH is about as good as it gets, (I am biased when it comes to Condor and WBH). Sure the frame may need a paint job or at least some transfers but I think that is a very tasty frame. Surely £250-300, find another.

Happy to stand corrected!

Re:

Thanks for all your comments, really interesting. Is there anywhere online I can find out more about the history of these frames?

Back