Raleigh Mustang £35, Collect from Plymouth

Janners Mugs

Old School Hero
Hold on to your tea and don't spill it.....here comes the sales pitch. Enjoy.

An opportunity to own a used bike from the early days of mountain biking. I think this bike (other than tyres) is original, it even has the steel wheels. This is the non indexed version (the indexed version was more expensive) with what I believe was called "vaporized maroon" original color scheme. It's 18 speed shimano and really fun to ride. This was built when mountain bikes consisted of a really heavy sturdy bombproof frame, sturdy wheels and a big soft saddle (no suspension forks back then). For a 32 year old bike it's in great condition, obviously has some signs of age, but don't we all. The riding position is very old school "sit upright" before the 90s saw the head down bum up style. Used it yesterday getting some bits and doing some shopping. A few people commented on remembering them from when they were kids. I am 5 foot 11 and normally would have the saddle a little higher, so would probably suit somebody 5' 9" to about 6' 4" ish. Selling as I need funds in the bike kitty for a project.

Attachments

• Mustang 1.jpg
    Mustang 1.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 180
  • Mustang 2.jpg
    Mustang 2.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Mustang 3.jpg
    Mustang 3.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 180
  • Mustang 4.jpg
    Mustang 4.jpg