PACE RC100.- Finished with high res pics on page 9

The RC 100 used a 22mm renthal bar with a shim as it had no bulge in the centre. In '92 Pace introduced the RC130 bar with the bulge in the centre ;)

retroking#1":29psq56g said:
The RC 100 used a 22mm renthal bar with a shim as it had no bulge in the centre. In '92 Pace introduced the RC130 bar with the bulge in the centre ;)

You're Adrian Carter in disguise aren't you... :p

Rich

Bloody bars, going to have to find something a little wider anyway; I rode it on Monday afternoon for the first time and it was awful- bars feel so narrow and low, the height I can live with but I would not want to ride it regularly with such narrow controls.
Project has taken a sideways step this week. There were a few very small blemishes in the frame's paint that anoyed me and I felt the colour wasn't quite right so I pulled it all apart and took the paint off. I'm going to have another crack at mixing the colour over the weekend if I get time. There is something else getting paint at the moment though, I think you will like it- watch this space guys and gals!

Thanks once again for all you kind coments and encouragement- much appreciated.

Si

So that paints coming out the tin then fella.. ;) dont you rush this fella, you know I want it spot on ;) :D :D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Crikey its been a while since last progress report....

Well then, where were we?

Paint. Wasn't happy with it. I think the colour was a little out and there were a few small marks in the paint that I couldn't live with. So I pulled it apart and stripped it, re-mixed the paint and started again. I spent a little more time prepping this time and got it perfect before laying on the paint. Result- spot on! Colour looks much better (slightly darker), finish is flawless and it has a much better shine this time.

So I'm back where I was last time I posted but happier with the result.

I managed to find some Grab On grips for it, some NOS Mt Zefal toeclips, matching flouro straps (Tioga) and a seat binder so as soon as I find the cable guides and a set of decals its finished. Been a bit of a saga this one but soooo pleased with the result.

I'm sorry for the crap pics- camera phone, indoors etc. but as soon as the weather perks up she'll be outside for some better shots.

3057838593_6fe862086c_b.jpg

3058666206_d775b2882d.jpg

3058666200_15e6156bd0.jpg

3058666204_763b01d9cc.jpg

3058666208_e50a22c760.jpg

SPEC

Frame: Pace RC100 no. 100261

Fork: Pace RC30

Headset: Suntour XC Pro- modified with floating lower race and machined out lock ring and cap (NOS)
Stem: Pace
Handlebar: Renthal Pace RCsub130 (NOS)
Grips: Grab On MTN (NOS)

Brakes: Magura HS11 Hydrostop
Brake Pads: Magura Red
Brake Levers: Magura

Shifters: Suntour XC Pro (NOS)
Front Derailleur: Suntour XC Pro (NOS)
Rear Derailleur: Suntour XC Pro (NOS) Venhill Titanium bolt, Alloy jockeys
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XTR
Cassette: Shimano HG 7 spd (NOS)
Chain: Shimano HG
Cranks: Bullseye with modified axle to take std size bearings
Crank Bolts: None
Chainrings: Shimano Biopace 26/36/48
Chainring bolts: Generic Alloy
Bottom Bracket: Bullseye
Pedals: Shimano XT M732, Mt Zefal clips (NOS), Tioga straps (NOS)

Hub Skewers: Suntour XC Pro
Rims: Mavic M231 CD (New Mavic MA40's to be built for garage queen use)
Hubs: Suntour XC Pro
Nipples: Unknown
Spokes: DT Swiss
Tyres: Tioga Farmer Johns Cousin 26x1.95 (NOS)
Tubes: Specialized

Saddle: Selle Italia Turbo (NOS)
Seatpost: Suntour XC Pro (NOS)
Seatpost Binder: Kalloy

Extra's: Full Venhill bolt kit, Madison Bottle cages.

Weight: Approx 23.5lbs??

Drewson":35i4ejtc said:
Aye, you were right!! That's a beauty :cool:
Take it this is gonna be a garage queen?

No way!
I've a set of user wheels and tyres for it, as well as nos ones for garage mode, I will be using it in the manner to which it was intended. It will get cleaned and looked after, but it's going to get some stick too!

Back