Nishiki Cascade

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
An Xmas holidays project to slot into that fixie/courier/urban stealth/sunday canalside slot... for the princely sum of £39 plus shipping.

Another Cunningham design for the collection - yes, him from 'Happy Days'... :cool:

Going to retain the patina, add a Brooks saddle, cyclocross brakes and perhaps some Phelan-esque drops.

Neil

Attachments

• Nishiki Cascade 1.jpg
    Nishiki Cascade 1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3,337
  • Cascade 3.jpg
    Cascade 3.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 3,338
Crank it up!

Need to score these too... otherwise I ain't going no where!

:cool:

Attachments

• cranks.jpg
    cranks.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 3,318
Other Cascades

Sifting through the internet to find some more information on the Cascade, I discovered these images. Seems like mine's an '89 vintage and has some telltale similarities with my Alien of that year - the 'N' cut outs and the gussetry for starters. It was sold to me as a cyclocross frame but I now think it was and is intended for more adventurous work than bunny hopping over logs in a muddy park!

Apparently Richard Cunningham was a consultant for Nishiki for 3 or 4 years and my guess is that the Cascade and the Ariel were the first two bikes he worked on before he started up Mantis.

Check the home page of the author for more US homegrown (therefore off our UK beaten track) metal.

Neil

Attachments

• n1.jpg
    n1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 3,248
  • n5.jpg
    n5.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 3,248
  • n7a.jpg
    n7a.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 3,248

Latest posts