Zaskar LE - looks wrong but cant quite put my finger on it??

thanks guys!!

definitely mags - gold colour just faded a bit compared to Judys

think i'm going to go with the mags as the judys are in a bad way and off to be resprayed soon

whats the difference between the syncros stems?? i thought the hinged nes were the new ones and the double clamp were the old ones. this one originally had a metal cap but i lost it and could only find a plastice one!! :cry:

tyres will be amberwall as the psychos are of my klein which isnt a rider!!

Have you thought about the decals? with the black and white decals the bike has absolutly no color, exept for the pale gold on the forks.
I think thats the problem, because the fork is the only colored part of the bike, but it doesnt stick out much from the rest, so its sort off an understatement.
Maybe you should ad some colored decals, or parts, or go for a totaly colorless build.
Respray the judy's, in black, and keep the black tyres. That would be awesome!..

Also to many spacers:)

My one for reference - it took feckin' ages to make it look 'right'.

Attachments

• DSC01409.JPG
    DSC01409.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 837
right - changed the height and angle of the saddle - taken a spacer out (new headset on the way!!) changed the tyres (thanks Slimjoe!!) put on some chainrings and pumped up the mags!!

looks better I think - only need some shifters now!!

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 774
Looks great mate, BUT :D

I would take these Barends off. I think this is what makes the Zaskar look a bit heavy on the front. Beinb a long term Zaskar owner since 92, the short Onza (or Ti Sticks) barends are the only ones that looks decent on it...

nporternz":iaot7iy6 said:

err hate to tell you you may need a chain and some cables as well :xmas-wink:

If the bar ends went silver it would lighten the look, but L bends do give a nice riding position (well they did when I was younger anyway) and you're cruising along the tarmac

FluffyChicken":1058yskb said:
nporternz":1058yskb said:

err hate to tell you you may need a chain and some cables as well :xmas-wink:

If the bar ends went silver it would lighten the look, but L bends do give a nice riding position (well they did when I was younger anyway) and you're cruising along the tarmac

I have the chain and the cables - i just havent put them on yet ;)

I was also thinking about silverising :? the bar ends - but I actually like them

Thinking it may be the lack of cables making it look top front heavy as the space underneath has nothing in it to soften it.

What shifters are you looking for anyway, Gripshift or RF+ ?

Back