Blast from the past

Repack Rider

Senior Retro Guru
A few days ao I found in my files an envelope with a collection of B&W photos of my Breezer and one of Alan Bonds' awesome klunkers, which I have posted in the Readers' Bikes Forum. Also in the envelope was a contact print of a bike from Tom Ritchey's first production run of nine bikes. At least it was from Gary's large format Hasselblad, so it was big enough to get a scan.

Finally there were a few Hasselblad colour negatives. Today I figured out how to use my scanner to take a look at them, and they turned out to be from a photo session in late 1979. The bike is Gary's first Ritchey and the reason I am riding it is that it was Gary's camera, and I didn't yet have a Ritchey of my own. The bad news is that the photos sucked except for a couple. Here is one of them.

Before we switched to Magura brake levers, we bought stock Honda levers at the motorcycle shop, and those seem to be what Gary is using on a set of aluminum motorcycle bars.

Attachments

• CKonRitchey02.jpg
    CKonRitchey02.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 1,389
  • EarlyRitchey.jpg
    EarlyRitchey.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,389
Epic photos..

Makes me wanna get out after work, whip up some leaves on the local trail.. it's perfect outside.. About 25C and not a cloud in the sky.. :cool:

Lucky you, gale force 8 here & raining, when we did get some sunshine yeaterday I was re felting my shed roof after the wind took that away (better than my neighbour who lost not only his fence panels but the posts too, glad I buried my posts 3 foot down in cement:D ) The joy of living on top of a hill!

Yeah but there was a Tornado in Wales last week that never made the news becuase London local news is broadcast nationwide as a attempt at a national news service! As my scottish friends call it, LBC (London broadcasting corporation :LOL: ) ;)

Seriously though it's a miracle fewer people were hurt to be honest, especially at the time of day it happened!

Another photo from the same collection.

CKonRitchey03.jpg

Back