Rarest of the rare thread.

jez-2-many-bikes":17so9jtx said:
California Yuppie paint-jobbed Mountain Goat Whiskey Town Racer (Scant!) :D

russ @ airart is still doing the paint for these, I'd be more inclined to get a modern bike repainted... point made tho... I love the Yuppie paint scheme :D

are farmer johns tyres rare now? seem to remeber seeing them on ebay.com fairly recently?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
scant":27rxs5ya said:
are farmer johns tyres rare now? seem to remeber seeing them on ebay.com fairly recently?

I have seen some FJ cousins, but no original FJ's.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ameybrook":3k5jnba7 said:
Speaking of rare tires... it'd be nice to see a Continental Comp 1 or 2, or a Specialized Ground Control.

i've got farmer johns & ground controls, not for sale tho ;)

scant said:
I've got a friend with a Fisher Prometheus - I helped him buy it a couple of years back, £400 with XTR M900, Grafton cranks etc...
THATS CHEAP!

My list looks something like:

61cm Merckx MX Leader

21" DeKerf of any variety Hav you tried the old bike shop atop box hill near leatherhead?

Coda Magic Motorcycle chainset

Cooks Dogbone stem (cheap!) They do occur, a complete stumpjumper with cooks stem & cranks sold for $500 a while back.

Pair of MMC Rims (I think it was Sun that made these?)

Clark Kent Pineapple front wheel (for amusement purposes only]

Want a CODA MAgic crankset? I'm selling it, see in the FOR SALE section! ;)

Ziggy":2839hc72 said:
andrewl":2839hc72 said:
For me I'd like to find the following:

An early (mid 90s) Turner Burner and/or aTurner Afterburner (with the straight chainstays from the BB pivit).

even something with Kona stickers would be acceptable!

A couple have appeared on UK eBay but neither will send outside the UK so add a willing sender to the list too ;)

I'd love to get my hands on one of those! If you're after someone to get one delivered to & then forward it on, I'm sure I could manage (as long as I got to hold onto it for a couple of years! ;) )... :)

Well which one should we get, the red one or the polished one?? ;)

messiah":3dl29768 said:
Other drool frame would be a Roberts Dogs Bolx - particularly if it was in the Aston Martin paint :D

Dave Yates Donkis nob - would have to be race orientated, so much of Mr Yates custom output I have seen for sale is of the tourer MTB variety (diabolo's are OK, I've ridden one but I would like something a little more special)

Dave Lloyd Cats Whiskers - I few friends had Dave Lloyd frames back in the day and they were lovely skinny things. A little one went on ebay recently - considered it for the wife (but she would have killed me).

An Alves - I may just have to get a new frame built :D

Hard to believe but a Dave Lloyd Cats Wiskas frame has popped up on ebay this week after I mentioned wanting one last week, and it's in my size :LOL:

andrewl":2rszinsj said:
Ziggy":2rszinsj said:
andrewl":2rszinsj said:
For me I'd like to find the following:

An early (mid 90s) Turner Burner and/or aTurner Afterburner (with the straight chainstays from the BB pivit).

even something with Kona stickers would be acceptable!

A couple have appeared on UK eBay but neither will send outside the UK so add a willing sender to the list too ;)

I'd love to get my hands on one of those! If you're after someone to get one delivered to & then forward it on, I'm sure I could manage (as long as I got to hold onto it for a couple of years! ;) )... :)

Well which one should we get, the red one or the polished one?? ;)

Red for me please! :)

Latest posts

Back