The Thrunton Thread - Sat ride 17rd -

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
I am going to keep this post updated on rides up at thrunton... plus change the title each visit or planned ride, anyone else , who fancies a meet up here then leave your details on this thread.. :)

A few pics from today's ride.. at thrunton :) You missed a good one lads . ;)

P1010437-1.jpg

Lovely clear skies today :)

P1010446.jpg

Mint Sauce inspired ;)

P1010470.jpg

Going down ... ;)

P1010468.jpg

Yea you need to get your backside over here, stickman has been very busy ;)

Brakes were brilliant fella, much much better than I was expecting, after using hopes for years these wiped the floor with them :LOL:

The most amazing thing is that I still had some pads left after 4 hours :)

Give us a shout when your free and we'll arrange a proper meet up.. ;)

Thrunton in the snow 23rd Nov

Just wanted to add a quick thanks to Sithlord for re-introducing me to the delights of Thrunton woods :D . Haven't been 'proper' biking for about 3 years :oops: but after popping to Si's to buy some kit on Saturday he invited me to join him Sunday morning, hopefully for a blast in the snow.

A quick Saturday night service of my trusty 1999 East Peak (semi slicks off, Wildgrippers on and some WD40 :D ) and I was ready!

An early start saw us there first (apart from a couple of forest workers) and it was great riding through virgin snow. Nice to try out some great tracks I hadn't come across when I used to ride Thrunton and had a great host to guide me round.

Well apart from general lack of fitness, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and felt better for it. Got to say, Si's Pace looks even better in the flesh and he was zipping up the climbs in no time at all(compared to me anyway :( )

Hopefully these pics will give an idea of the great conditions and I hope my resizing has worked okay.

Looking forward to getting out again soon, and got to say this is a great site!

Attachments

• HP Sauce.jpg
    HP Sauce.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,963
  • Into the light.jpg
    Into the light.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,963
  • Winter Wonderland!.jpg
    Winter Wonderland!.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,963
  • New vs (almost) Retro.jpg
    New vs (almost) Retro.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,963
:) Cheers Neil, It was really nice to show ya around ;)

It was a beautiful morning and was great to be the first ones there.. :):) :cool: a perfect day fella ;) pleased you enjoyed it ..

I am going up again pos. thursday and sunday again fella.. give us a shout if you up for it..

Dr S , P20, Lardlover,Drewson,toons WHERE R YOU GUYS... !!! :LOL: :LOL:

Back