My Bike Jumble purchase.

retrojon":jf5pqnsw said:
Excuse me for being dumb, where are the pics?

They're in my first post, I can see them as can other people I presume. I can't explain why you can't, sorry. Can anyone else?

Ed, what times would you like me to post? 2.30am, 11.43pm, - OK?

12 or 24 hr clock?

Only joking :) ;)

There's a 10 on locally in a couple of weeks. I'm tempted to enter just to get a time to put on entry forms as I haven't raced for over 20 years.

Sad old fella that I am :roll:

Jim, I've got some Bio-pace rings but they won't fit - thankfully :D

Old Ned":3th5gb3q said:
There's a 10 on locally in a couple of weeks. I'm tempted to enter just to get a time .....

Get in there and set a benchmark that'll get the competitive juices flowing (or at least oozing)

I went to the Thurcroft Jumble yesterday and acquired a few more bits for it.

A 52 tooth Campag chainring, a 14cm Cinelli stem and some white Benotto tape.

All set for next year!

(Just need some lighter 28 spoke wheels now)

I also went to the Thurcroft jumble yesterday - spent more than I should have done :oops: I got some good bargains though. Best was a (admittedly slightly incomplete) set of NOS in box Campag Syncro II shifters for £1!

I spotted a Zaskar frame there, didn't think to ask the price as I wasn't after one, found out later it had gone for £20!!

Did you get the Shifters from the bloke in the middle of the left aisle on the right (if you see what I mean!)? He was open to some very cheap offers. I wanted a single bar end shifter for the Ultimate and got a pair of SunTour ratchet ones from him for £2 - complete with the bars, stem and brake levers.

We'll have to start wearing our Retrobike jerseys so that we can recognise each other!

I think I was stood next to you while you were haggling!

Shame on you for not having a jersey, PM John right away!

Back