Titanium frame identification, please?

foxb13

Retro Guru
Hi,

Titanium is new to me :LOL:. So I'm unable to ID the below frame. The TITANIUM logo on the left side of the top tube furiously resembles the one on Merlin bikes, but the frame doesn't look to be a Merlin. The reverse seat collar made me believe a few moment this could be a Rocky Mountain frame, but it doesn't look like a Titanium or Tibolt either. So, what's this frame and is it worth anything?

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Thanks!

Last edited:
Re:

Not a Merlin as you mentioned. Is there a frame number on the drive side dropout?

I don't have the frame handy. But I seem to decipher a frame number etched in the inner side of the non-drive side dropout on the 1st pic.

Well, the rare CK F14s I've seen with reverse seat binder have S-bent chainstays and seatstays whereas the frame in subject has straight chainstays and seatstays. Plus the seatstays are welded on the seat tube above the top tube whereas they're welded at the same height on the F14. And the rear brake cable stop seems fatter than the one on the F14 too. Unless F14s have changed that much over the years. Still waiting for an answer from the owner.

The cable guides and binder got me in the CK play ground. Looks well made, and I'm still edging on Sandvik.

Can't think of anything, that seat cluster really is clouding my ideas now since you pointed it out. :?

Back