Favoured method of chainstay protection?

kaiser":2l1teoke said:
Helicopter tape is meant to be good, will be trying some myself.

I use it. A couple of wraps works for me, looks really clean (unless it gets dirty :LOL: ) and uncluttered.

Either a lizard skin neoprene thingymebob or an XT sharkfin with some clear fablon stuck underneath it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The inner tube method ,i tuck in the start of it ,stretching it as i wrap it around ,then finish off at the back with a zip tie
Plus the fact it costs nothing :D
And surprisingly looks quite nice

An inner tube is good, but if you have an old tyre with a torn sidewall thats beyond repair, you can cut a strip of tread off it and zip tie that onto the chainstay. :D

Needs a bit of care to get a good cut off the tyre, and obviously the strip is slightly curved so needs careful zip tying, but the end result is ace and also deadens the noise of chainslap :cool:

Lizard Skin.

You can get them from Halfrauds, £10 or so. They velcro on, but I have added 2 zip ties just to be sure ;)

I think they look good as you can colour code with them :D

dscn1749_814.jpg

Latest posts

Back