Orange Prestige 1990

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2bfvs05h said:
Interesting paint on the fork steerer. Are they original? Look a bit beefier in the pics that the standard ones.

There not Orange forks, there project 2.. Kona

Looks fantastiic this project, gonna re coat my one piece bar and stem for my prestige. Really rare these one pieces, have a one piece also on a aluminium o also. Anyway the Rc30 forks will look awesome on this build.

Thanks. Aye. I feel privileged to have custody of it.

What saddle & post would these have had as standard?

The seatpost would probably have been a Kalloy, or something like shimano Dx or XT seatpost would look great. Saddle orange were using at that time, a Selle Italia Corvo saddle, comfy ugly looking saddle. The guy you bought it from, M Johnson has the saddle on one of his other bikes, as see on a bike he just purchased recently, he posted it on Facebook. But I would probably go for a flite, rolls or turbo, all would all be fine.

Booked in for powder coat next month.

Gathering a few bits for a conservative, quality build.

prestigebuild1.jpg

Last edited:
Re:

Hi rwm1962
Can I ask where you are getting your set of decals designed and made?

this guy?
https://www.facebook.com/retrodecals/

Im considering a build of a similar vintage (same decals on black frame)...so intrigued also to know what reference you will send to a decal maker? Is it as simple as sending lots and lots of pics plus a colour reference (many of the Orange decals from 1990 have faded so much??

Thanks for any help (i was riding these bikes in the nineties but Im new to the restoration of these gems ;)

cheers

Back