1996 Fat Chance Shock-A-Billy - FINISHED

not tapps

That's not Darren's his was a small same as mine... Wendyll asked me when I ordered mine do you want Team Violet... me, No that's ok I'll got for Arrest Me Red... I like that red but there is something about the Violet....

That's very cool. Not sure I'd have picked blue to go on that purple frame, but that's just me being conservative. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

bryan555":3caezkel said:
That's very cool. Not sure I'd have picked blue to go on that purple frame, but that's just me being conservative. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Yep, I can understand your reservations; normally 3DV, Black or silver ano goes with the Milka purple [or even green..] but I want to keep it as close to the Fat catalog/MB test spec. as possible :cool:

Have found all the parts, just waiting for a few of them to come thru the postal system and then this weekend/early next week should see complete assembly :twisted:

Judy SLs [Speed Springs] Frankenforked. King [with Ti upgrades] fitted and sorted. All [grey XTR] Cables done :twisted:

[The brakes were done shortly after this photo was taken ;) ]

3039160962_c243114afd_b_d.jpg

Looking good! :cool:

If you get it built up to discover it's too small I'm sure I can make room for it. ;)

Finito:

3055838122_00fe9b8058_b_d.jpg

3055947698_99c5be01ee_b_d.jpg

3055873296_e88c407815_b_d.jpg

Frame: 1996 M Fat Chance Shock-A-Billy
Fork: 1996 Judy SL w/ Speed Springs

Headset: King 1" Nothreadset
Stem: Ringle Zooka Clamp-on
Handlebar: Titec Ti
Grips: Onza Ules

Brakes: XTR M900 Cantis
Brake Cables: Grey XTR
Cantilever cable hangers: XTR front, Tri-Dangle rear
Brake Levers: XTR M900 Combo

Shifters: XTR M900 Combo
Front Derailleur: XTR M900
Rear Derailleur: XTR M900
Derailleur Cables: Grey XTR
Cassette: XT
Chain: SRAM
Cranks: Cooks
Chainrings: M900
Pedals: Crank Bros Candy SL

Hub Skewers: Ringle Ti CamTwist
Rims: Mavic 117 SUP Ceramic
Hubs: XTR M900
Spokes: Swiss DT
Tyres: Onza Rip & Rail

Saddle: SDG Ti
Seatpost: Ringle Moby
Seatpost Binder: Fat Chance

Weight: 27-8lbs

The Ride
Incredible to have the chance to ride this Beauty, and happy to report that it has lived up to my dreams/expectations; It handles perfectly. Took it for a maiden voyage on the South Downs on Saturday [20 miles or so] with a coupla mates [riding a Maverick and an Orange ST4]. Despite an aggresive front end, it was a comfortable ride and the suspension seemed well balanced :twisted: The fact that it is an M, compared to my Yo's ML, made it easier to throw around the trail without it being too short/low :cool:

Many thanks to all the RBers who helped me with parts including Jez, Doug and Bill.. Rock on.. :twisted:

3055811742_c6caafe9a4_b_d.jpg

Hah Hah!!!

I looked at the first pic and thought 'Go get her dirty'......and then scrolled down :roll: :LOL:

Lovely :cool:

Steerer tube scares me a little :shock: Imagine getting kebab'd :shock:

Back