Sold DEAN Titanium frame set

pazaudi

Retro Guru
Somewhat a reluctant sale, a beautiful Dean titanium (Sandvik) in excellent condition having no dents and only some superficial scratches. The only negative is some chainring marks on the drive side chain stay (see pics) but being titanium the markings are subtle and hidden by the crank set. Included is the titanium forks, Dean titanium seatpost, handlebars and stem. Handlebars are 550mm uncut, stem is 130mm with slight rise. There is a genuine titanium Dean seat collar fitted, this was imported new from Dean a couple of months ago. Also fitted is a Chris King headset.
Size is 18" Centre to top of tube.
Overall a stunning frame and very lightweight. I don’t really want to put this on eBay so trying here first.

£1450

CxXY2b4.jpg

tUg5CIu.jpg

W9Onze6.jpg

wgaSkAy.jpg

5zEKuj0.jpg

Wi69Sw1.jpg

PWiJSuz.jpg

iG7eAI5.jpg

KRBlHnK.jpg

tXJtQBC.jpg

7c2U4xX.jpg

uTFWG8y.jpg

i230eDl.jpg

4JhQdKk.jpg

Re:

That is indeed a great package, but........
If this goes the way of splitting I'd happily take the fork, stem and bars if someone else wants the frame.
GLWS.

Re:

Beautiful titanium set.
Are you sure the fork is from Dean?
I have never seen or heard of fork Dean.

Re: Re:

mojo ti":2s1fe69s said:
Beautiful titanium set.
Are you sure the fork is from Dean?
I have never seen or heard of fork Dean.

Sorry that may be misleading in the way I wrote it, the fork is titanium but as far as I'm aware it's not a Dean product.

I love it. I used to live in Boulder and they supplied my bikes when I was racing as a triathlete for a few years. I spent countless hours at their workshop in Gunbarrel... Yes, Dean did make forks, they were not terribly common, but they did make them from time to time and they were and still are very cool. I would love to have the disposable income to pick this up, but I'd just turn it into the coolest commuter/townie bike in France, and that fine piece of machinery really deserves a more fulfilling life. Good luck on the sale. It's a beauty...

lej":1xov50r9 said:
I love it. I used to live in Boulder and they supplied my bikes when I was racing as a triathlete for a few years. I spent countless hours at their workshop in Gunbarrel... Yes, Dean did make forks, they were not terribly common, but they did make them from time to time and they were and still are very cool. I would love to have the disposable income to pick this up, but I'd just turn it into the coolest commuter/townie bike in France, and that fine piece of machinery really deserves a more fulfilling life. Good luck on the sale. It's a beauty...

Thankyou for the reply, I did buy the forks as being under the impression of them being DEAN but I didn't want to claim they were unless I was 100% sure. I am trying to find out and will update once I know.

I certainly understand. It's a very nice example - before they switched to the hooded dropouts (which, yes, did add a bit of strength and drop a touch of weight) that just are not as sexy as the flat dropouts and bullet stay-ends. Plus, the hooded dropout on the fork was a bit of a beast with QRs.

Back