what do i do if i have been conned ?

John":3drv2lrq said:
Thinking of setting up some sort of feedback forum. Opinions :?:

Good idea, another thread on here was dismissing the feed back system on ebay, to be honest I am SO careful on there as I am paranoid that everyone I deal is a C**t who will give me bad feedback if I even dare post a day late that I am really good, (as my 100% score testifies to) It is a good idea.

If this involves a stem I believe said individual lives not that far away from me. I could sneak round one night and wee in his shoes.

I like the 50% thing Chris.

However it doesnt protect the seller at all. More the buyer - as he can simply forget the fact that his other payment is due.

I think that the fact that this forum relies on reputation and honesty is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

I totally agree with name and shame. Noone without an honest integrity will post on here on a regular basis otherwise. Its all about reputation.

:D

Russell":3p6u9n5d said:
I won't buy/sell anything on here unless the other bod has at least 50 or so posts on the forum. I'm very wary of people with one or two posts that pop up and say that they're selling some amazing retrobike or want some rare part.

Give them another week and then get medieval on their a**.

I hear you, believe me, and it's probably easier to have a general policy, but a guy's got to get started around here somehow :cool:

Understanding where you come from though, it'd be my policy to get an item into the hands of someone who's been here a while before expecting payment. Just saying...Don't completely cut us new guys out. It's bad enough that this Yank can't find anything like this community a little closer to home.

i like the the idea of somehow verifiying the name and address of a person before the are allowed to sell items ? :?

stretchb0x":3jz7c272 said:
...Don't completely cut us new guys out. It's bad enough that this Yank can't find anything like this community a little closer to home.

Good point. I'm keen not to cut out new members.

I'm also not sure it's right the forum should get involved with transactions on a regular basis. Happy to do what I can when things go sour, can will and have banned people from here in the past.

Think a may trial a feedback forum, something like the one here > http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/foru ... y.php?f=45

Back