1990 Saracen Eiger Comp "Gravel"

Re:

I fitted the up hanger to the fork for the front brake this evening and cabled the r/h lever. The handlebar tape came in the post today so there is a chance of getting this ride able over the weekend. :)

Re:

All cabled and taped now. I changed the canti link wires for old school straddles and hangers which has given me a bit more tyre clearance and a better lever feel.The brakes and gears need fine tuning, and the 9 speed Shimergo is a bit of an unknown quantity, but a quick spin around the garden suggest this is going to be a good ride.

I will post a photo(s) later.

It should be on and off the road for the weekend! :D

Re:

Really like this adaptation! Looks great...

I like the single ring. I race and train on modern cross bike and both of my cross bikes are singles up front. My race bike is 10 speed and training bike is 11.

If you get the right size ring up front mated to the right cassette you shouldn’t miss the front rings...

There’s some great calculators online to show you max speeds of certain ratio combos which I used to choose my setups...

Like this :
http://gears.mtbcrosscountry.com/#26I1I1

:LOL:

Re:

It only has the 1x cos thats what was in my boxes, but I like the simplicity and I don't think I'll do a lot of long rides on it. It's not a nw ring tho and it has dropped the chain already. I plan to give it a spin upto and along the Ridgeway over the weekend which should give me an idea whether it is right or wrong.

Re:

I have a 36t Works Components narrow-wide chainring on the way off ebay. The chain slips off the RF ring way too easily so I have been reluctant to chance the chain coming off whilst riding hard.

I can have a proper shakedown ride when it arrives. :D

Re:

Build one....I am rediscovering the "Rip up the rulebook" thinking that drew me to mountain bikes in the first place....long gone in the marketing led consumerfest of today.

I think/hope this will be a keeper (may be with lighter wheels and tyres tho')

Loving this build! Defo a narrow wide front ring... raced CX for few years with superstarcomponents Chain rings and they are proper good...

How about a 700c wheel conversion with adjustable height cantis if u swap out the wheels????

Latest posts

Back