Time for a rant, prices

Yes. Think how hand sanitizer prices went crazy when people bought stocks purely to make a quick profit.
Thing is, the vast majority of people on this site are anxious to avoid market forces ruining their enjoyment. Just check the Karma and general good feelings. And I'm all for that. At 64, I'm right in the middle of the "baby boom"; that doesn't mean I want market forces to rule uber alles..

Re: Re:

1552":3gymzajw said:
If you can't afford it, move on and buy what you can afford.
No point in moaning, it's nothing out of the ordinary.
Like that classic saying, the market will dictate and its worth what someone is willing to pay.
Its no different to any other retro classic collectors market.

Good idea :D not just us here theres facebook et all.
So I think ill take that nos ti glide I have for sale on here at £120 and put it on my ebay page for £300.

In fact I think we should all do that so it will all end in tears. Austerity, god alone knows whats to come there, and an new old hub for 300 quid ?, antique of the future it may be, but there are other bills to pay.

The price of tulips never recovered :shock:

I was recently looking for Project2 on EB and couldn’t believe - £80???
Plus P&P....
Absolutely ridiculous!

Re:

I was thinking of selling my (unused) HP-M901s (them be XTR headset) for an extortion of 100 to 150 quid for a laugh.. until I look and notice they are selling for that much.
Got loads of NOS rims too, I keep them for when mine die do but you think Aray395s, Mavic 717, 230s etc could sell at 100 each, hahahaha.
We could play a game of "who can sell the daftest thing for silly money" (NOS freehub exempt)!

I have an Original owner NDS 200GS crank arm, 1 careful own (carefully uses as a hammer for the past 27 year anyway, should I leave that off?), perfect for you recent Retro Buy?
Bargain at £50 plus shipping.
Aiming to low?

Re:

Wowzers!

I bought two of these recently. One just like this NOS for £4.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200530-203320.png
    Screenshot_20200530-203320.png
    414.4 KB · Views: 186
Re: Re:

Markybeau":1irfb398 said:
Wowzers!

I bought two of these recently. One just like this NOS for £4.

I bought a nos one for a tenner before Christmas and felt like I'd got ripped off!

Re:

Prices are mental,I tried a full Suntour XC Comp rebuild recently and had to cancel it as prices were bonkers.XC Comp could be picked up for peanuts last year.One thing that sticks out for me is what the market considers "retro".Ive seen several ads where XTR M970 is advertised as retro.FFS,it was current in 2009....

Back