help- i have to build a bike for 50! can it be done!!

I've just bought a full 531 racer for £15 so I guess it can be done, I also know of a cannondale sm400 for similar but it is missing a seat and could do with a lot of work on the parts, .... and would cost a bit to send down.

the story behind it is a beat with the group i ride with
my friends meta had a shock problem and he had to use an old banger and i said i bet u can have as much fun on abike under 50 quid

so it developed to me builing a ridable bike for 50 that is a pleasure to ride and is durable not a heap!
so the build rules where included of no ,ore than 2 parts from one buyer

i have a alivio hub and spokes for the wheels so far
50 budget remains

good to hear some of u guys are rocking the budget market
its a really cool challange i think i will enjoy!

hmmm dont really want to offend but to recieve Karma its always good to give Karma ??

I quote !!

ok i wont throw but i want rid of them cant just give the stuff away for postage so make me an offer?

;)

daj":2msgmwbj said:
hmmm dont really want to offend but to recieve Karma its always good to give Karma ??

I quote !!

ok i wont throw but i want rid of them cant just give the stuff away for postage so make me an offer?

;)

i gave quite a few feebies to ppl who have bought bits off me i have added to help out as much as i can

im not after freebies really thats y i have the 50 budget

i am after advice more than anything
as ebay is gonna be the place to pick it up

Just keep your eyes peeled on the bay, Always stuff on there .... A gt Arrowhead went for £33 down the road from me but I am in the early stages of rehab now ....No more coming in :D

i have my eye on a few frames but i hink i will have to ride rigid to get the budget sorted
but the downs are rolling so should be reasonable to ride!

i suggest single speed , frees up the cost of shifter , inner/outer cable , mech , cassette

whats your must haves ? anything you cant do without ?

well the downs have rolling hills so a cheap rear derailleur is a much really
but i can ride rigid and without front mech
canti brakes are a defo no disk or vbrakes to cut cost
a tenner pair of forks are a luxury but i may look

Back