New saddle

I must confess I mostly go for arse correctness these days, I have put Spoons in all my bikes now because it means they get ridden, not passed over because they’re arse murder...

oaklec":13gdcy41 said:
Arse comfort for me lately has been in the form of a cheap Brand X saddle. Went for the womens version as my backside prefers wider saddles and so far so good, it is as comfortable for me as my trusty B17 and was significantly cheaper and significantly lighter.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/bra ... prod129527

Seems that people in the reviews agree with you!

Hadn't thought about women's saddles.

Re:

Remember the Brooks B17 is a traditional leather saddle, Brooks do not hold the patent on these saddles. Numerous saddles by other makers that are near identical to the Brooks now exist often made in India for example for a fraction of the cost. Look on eBay :)

Re: Re:

velomaniac":1g29vph6 said:
Remember the Brooks B17 is a traditional leather saddle, Brooks do not hold the patent on these saddles. Numerous saddles by other makers that are near identical to the Brooks now exist often made in India for example for a fraction of the cost. Look on eBay :)

Had no idea that they didn't hold the patent, admittedly I'm not that knowledgeable about traditional saddles and their origin. I just liked the look of them and there seems to be a devout following. Wasn't aware that you could find cheaper versions with the same look, I did try eBay but I only found Brooks saddles.

Cheers

Re: Re:

velomaniac":lpkpvy6o said:

But that just wouldn't be cricket. I've noticed Spa cycles have sourced brooks equivalents but it doesn't seem right to buy a leather saddle that isn't Brooks, despite brooks now being Italian and making plastic saddles

Back