retro campagnolo brake levers, thumbshifters + ubrakes (new)

steve e

Old School Hero
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
campag

I believe the buzzword of the day for the U-Brakes was 'monoplaner' ?
The original kit had QR levers on many components for adjustability.

An early MBUK ran a feature on the groupset tested on a very nice Chas Roberts (Phantom) built from the then new Columbus Max OR.

There was also a feature on the group in a mag called Bicycle Action (also notable for earl Mint Sauce cartoons :)) on a Overbury's-esque frame called a Bromwich....

Some brochures can be found here.

I do have Centaur cantis on 2 bikes and RecordOR pedals. The cantis are good, but the pedals are awesome. Large rollerbearing, easy maintenance. A friend has the later RecordOR cantis and he says it are the best cantis he has ever had. Easy to adjust and mega stoppingpower.

The campa cantis are very good indeed . They are very similar to Grafton .

I do have purple Graftons. The setscrews are really miniature. My 1.5mm allen key is still to big!

I agree with Elev12k...the campy recordor equipment is the sh*t. Beautiful jewel like finish with excellent function. What else would you expect from Campy though?

Problem with the RecordOR stuff is that because it is serious bling that actually works, it brings mucho bucks when you find it.

For example, saw a set of CampyOR cantis (two pair) go for $380.00 w/o levers on the bay recently :shock:

I guess if you want it, and you got it, you should flaunt it! ;)

keep it groovy,

rody

Clever thing on the pedals is also that the cage is left uncolored, so they still look great after 12 years

In Holland a Campy importer went bust about 12 years ago. All inventory was bought for a bargain by some shops. My lbs was 1 of them and I were able to acquire 2 sets Centaur brakes + levers and the RecordOR pedals for 150 guilders (less than 70 euros) - lucky me. A lot of those stuff was also sold to the US and people made big bucks with it.

My friend rode the Grand Raid Cristalp with the RecordOR cantis and he said they were up to the job perfectly.

I agree with you all , campa only did Mtb groupset for 3 or 4 years but they were very good quality .

All top end bikes were equipped with it . that might explain why Shimano came up with the XTR . The Xt was so inferior to campa .

Back