Zaskar LE - looks wrong but cant quite put my finger on it??

i believe in fixies":24au52du said:
I'd say keep it monochrome with just the smallest bit of colour like ano chain ring bolts, something like that.

got gold bolts to go throughout ;)

nporternz":223355uz said:
i believe in fixies":223355uz said:
I'd say keep it monochrome with just the smallest bit of colour like ano chain ring bolts, something like that.

got gold bolts to go throughout ;)

Genius! leave it like that. :cool:

For me, it's the stem that area that is wrong.
Too high and too much black in the area, also the reach may look too short. (maybe the small syncros text is doing that though).

For me.
Get some correct forks on that bike, if it is a '95 and designed for Judy length. Than get some.
First it will beef the front up making it look in tune with the rest.
Second it will raise the front end, and so not needing as many spacers to get the height at the front (should add another 1" or so to the front height)
Third, this will correct your geometry, you're going to be placed quite forward on the bike and have a twitchy front end.

As for the rest, well get it built up and see what it looks like then. Can alter your perspective quite a bit.

FluffyChicken":2s4ltm3p said:
For me, it's the stem that area that is wrong.
Too high and too much black in the area, also the reach may look too short. (maybe the small syncros text is doing that though).

For me.
Get some correct forks on that bike, if it is a '95 and designed for Judy length. Than get some.
First it will beef the front up making it look in tune with the rest.
Second it will raise the front end, and so not needing as many spacers to get the height at the front (should add another 1" or so to the front height)
Third, this will correct your geometry, you're going to be placed quite forward on the bike and have a twitchy front end.

As for the rest, well get it built up and see what it looks like then. Can alter your perspective quite a bit.

got some judy xc's so may try those on it instead - but not sure they will make that much difference compared to mag21s?!?! there doesnt look to be too much difference in atc height when they stand next to each other

spacers are only there until i get steerer cut down

I think the bike looks awsome! Yes, black tires with amber walls would improve the look.

However, the main thing wrong with it when I look at it is the ugly ass headset. Get a black King on there and you got it!

Sweet ride though! ;)

Fattyboombatty":2zfwal9x said:
I think the bike looks awsome! Yes, black tires with amber walls would improve the look.

However, the main thing wrong with it when I look at it is the ugly ass headset. Get a black King on there and you got it!

Sweet ride though! ;)

headset was one lying around - on there to keep everything together while i source a better one

tried it with the judys but dont think it looks any different - i have some 1996 sl's in yellow that are longer but they are destined for another project.........

Attachments

• IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,059
  • IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,058
I think the Judys look better, and the lack of a huge stack of black spacers makes whole front end seem much better.

I think the silver cranks work better than gunmetal too...

Ambewall would work on dark rims, or silver rims with the balckwall tyres would eb good on a Zaskar...

It's looking pretty nice to me...

The Judy's in my opinion suite the bike more, the line looks neater with the seat tube.

Though it could be the angle and the flash.

But how does the ride compare just use whichever ride better for you (they are mags and not quadra's, they look like the quadra 21 colour to me. from the point of view of track standing and running and jumping on I guess :LOL:

As for the tires, I have to say you need to go for what works assuming it's a rider. The rim brake sufaces will be silver soon I guess ;) .. Maybe grey tires..

I think I've got it, the slight red bling on the judy's caps goes with red bling on the tires.

I know this sounds funny, but I really think it makes a difference. I'd dump the Syncros stem. Those later Syncros units just scream cheap knock-off, post Syncros sell-out. There really is an obvious quality difference between the original metal-capped Canadian made stems and the later GT related stuff. Find an original stem and it'll make a world of difference.

Just my 2 (blunt) cents! :cool:

Back