I no longer miss my fat

missmyfat

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all

I no longer miss my fat as this morning i bought it back. Its a 1990ish (not sure) Wicked which i sold in about 1995 and regretted ever since! Its looking a bit tired but not too bad considering, am going to start stripping it down tomorrow and beadblast the frame. Which brings me nicely onto a couple of questions!

Were there standard colours, if so does anyone know what they were? When i got it secondhand in 1991 (i think, have consumed a lot of alcohol since!) it was a purple/ gold fade but i dont think it left the factory like that.

Also frame decals, still available?

Lastly, how do you remove the bearings and spindle from bottom bracket?
Thanks for any advice, sorry to ramble on! ;)

Congrats on getting your Fat back...

For original colors, check out the Fat Chance Album on this site for catalogue scans or go to http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/ for info as well.

As for decals, we've been working on repros over at www.fatcogs.com the wicked art is done but not yet replicated.

The bottom bracket, if pressed in, requires you to take off the locking collars with an allen key, tap one end of the spindle with a rubber mallet until driven out, then press out the bearings or use a long flat head screw driver inserted through the spindle hole to tap out the bearing on the other side, making sure to work your way around the bearing uniformily til it's out.

Good luck!

rody

From a CHANCE meeting at the end of the November Cannock ride to finding your FAT and the Site.........Well done look forward to seeing it

Cheers!

Had a good look round it, mixture of good and bad. After being told the pro circuit forks are knackered they look very good, no travel so the elastomers have probably collapsed. They will be a bugger to replace methinks. I should still have the original forks around though. Cooks CBR cranks still there although the logo is worn off. The wheels look very servicable as does the stem (cant remember what stem it is but the black Yo on this site, Grade A Failure i think, has the same polished stem). Dia Compe 987 brakes look like new. Ringle bits still there as is a DCD, dont remember putting that on!

The Bad, saddle gone! Seatpost dead (powdercoated red :eek: ). Campag front & rear mechs gone replaced with modern LX. Answer bars gone. Fork leg cap gone. Stem roller gone.

So it looks like bars, seatpost (syncros would be nice!) flite saddle, front & rear mechs, tyres will be needed. If anyone knows of anything suitable?
Thanks for listening.

Stem on my Yo is stickered as a Cannondale, funnily enough... it may not be original methinks... Good luck rebuilding your Wicked though, look forward to seeing the progress! :)

missmyfat":3izwju3d said:
So it looks like bars, seatpost (syncros would be nice!) flite saddle, front & rear mechs, tyres will be needed. If anyone knows of anything suitable?
Thanks for listening.

Parkers of Bolton sell a nice Ringle in line post, not sure as to it's provenance (they are about £15) but they look retro, I've not bent mine (and I'm 15st) and they are 27.2 so can be shimmed. I have a 31,8mm XTR top pull for sale, someone on ebay is selling NOS panaracer spikes F&R with amber sidewall for about £25 per pair. I have a Answer ATac in purple for sale on here. Flites on the 'bay too. Get shopping mate :LOL:

The ATac stem and ringle post:

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,434
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,434
Stick Legs":2xdowl10 said:
Parkers of Bolton sell a nice Ringle in line post, not sure as to it's provenance (they are about £15) but they look retro, I've not bent mine (and I'm 15st) and they are 27.2 so can be shimmed. I have a 31,8mm XTR top pull for sale, someone on ebay is selling NOS panaracer spikes F&R with amber sidewall for about £25 per pair. I have a Answer ATac in purple for sale on here. Flites on the 'bay too. Get shopping mate :LOL:

Thanks for suggestions. Dont know if i want purple though as got purple seatpost collar and anti chain suck thing (i think, the one that bolts behind BB) and blue wheel skewers so i need to decide on a theme! Clashing!
Cheers

Latest posts

Back