Ive been a little quiet on here recently....

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok, so I was made redundant a week or so ago, and have been spending a lot of time working trough the job ads to get something else lined up (all looks relatively promising at the moment, Ive had 2 phone interviews this week and have been invited to two second interviews next week as a result.)

In between the job hunt however I have been working on this:

P1010126.jpg

P1010128.jpg

P1010129.jpg

P1010131-1.jpg

It is based around a scruffy marin bearvalley frame that I picked up locally off gumtree.com for very few pennies. I stripped it back and then set up a temporary spraybooth in the corner of my 2nd floor appartments living room. A decent layer of primer, 3-4 coats of baby blue paint and a few coats of laquer later and I had a nice contrasting frame to hang my fancy red (faded to pink...as it tends to) annodised parts.

Basically its a parts bin special and acts as some where to hold my middleburn wheel set and eddie irvine eddition pace forks.

I have a set of isis raceface turbines to go on it (were worn black...now thanks to mr muscle oven cleaner...they are silver)

Still need to aquire the following:
Isis BB
Brake levers
Vbrakes (I have some ritchy cantis but they wont work with the pace forks)
Shifters

I have the other bits needed my spares bins.

Sadly due to said redundancy this is about as far as I can take it at the mo.

:LOL:

love the idea of spraying in the living room , ive done it in a cupboard before and in the shop a few times resulting in me and the work experience lad stood outside letting the haze clear :LOL:

its come out well and i cant see any overspray on your stuff :LOL:

Good luck next week Rob

Spray booth in the flat sounds scarey?!!? :shock:

Keep the wheels like that and you wont have to worry about deflating tyres ;)

looks like a nice PBS, you must have a pretty good parts bin!

As a gesture of karmic goodwill, I have a very nice lightweight FRM ISIS BB (needs bearings though!) you can have to get the bike spinning if you like.

and, as above, good luck with the interviews.

Lovely colour!

One of my frames is at the painters as we speak waiting for powder-blue, hope it looks as good as this when I collect it next week.

theboy":2r5cuycm said:
looks like a nice PBS, you must have a pretty good parts bin!

As a gesture of karmic goodwill, I have a very nice lightweight FRM ISIS BB (needs bearings though!) you can have to get the bike spinning if you like.

and, as above, good luck with the interviews.

that would be absolutely smashing!

I'll send a PM, you know what its like...once you start a build...you get hooked on the idea of finishing it....

Cheers all for the good luck messages too!

Back