Another Post Office rant ....

Kestonian

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My first Post Office rant, but certainly not the first on this forum.

I went in today with a set of rims to post to the US, all packaged securely. Put them on the scales, leaning against the glass because they're tall (22" don't you know) and the gentleman behind the counter (I use the term loosely) refuses to let me send them because the scales wouldn't stop at one reading.

He told me to stop moving the package, so I showed him I wasn't touching it and neither was anybody else. So he said he couldn't take it. I said to take the heaviest weight (it was oscillating by a HUGE 10 grams) but he refused because he didn't know EXACTLY how much it weighed.

His suggestion? Take it home and re-package into a smaller package that would fit on the scales.

So, if anyone wants a set of M231 CD chopped up into little pieces, drop me a line .....

(Hairstream, I'm only kidding about chopping them up - I'll find a way!)

Woody, should have asked to see the manager, then simply told him/her what that clown said :roll:
Worked for me in the past ;)

Oh :shock: Well i guess wait till a member of staff is on instead ;) and he's not about. Then when your done go back and call him a clown :LOL:

Maybe try another Post Office, perhap they will be a better service than this clown given you.

it happened to me too , with some rims too , and the woman told me their pc is linked to the scale so it cant give a reading / price if weight keep changing .
she was cool about it and let me hold the package .

The thing that got me was the package was TOTALLY still and the scales kept changing.

Very bizarre. They must be super-sensitive. Maybe I should get a set for weighing drilled out anodised components :D

I always try to lift large heavy things up off the scales a little bit :D
Lucky my post office has the big old clock face things

Takes a steady hand, getting harder to maintain with increasing age :(

Think they got their own back now, lost a pair of XTR shifters I sent so done the refund bit and soon to make a claim.

Back