Rarest of the rare thread.

A frame made of Aermet, or another exotic steel such as the stainless Columbus Metax.

Only ones I can think of are Arrow, Nevil, Dean and Jamis (made by Tom Teesdale - he who made Brave and Kona Hot frames)

Other drool frame would be a Roberts Dogs Bolx - particularly if it was in the Aston Martin paint :D

Dave Yates Donkis nob - would have to be race orientated, so much of Mr Yates custom output I have seen for sale is of the tourer MTB variety (diabolo's are OK, I've ridden one but I would like something a little more special)

Dave Lloyd Cats Whiskers - I few friends had Dave Lloyd frames back in the day and they were lovely skinny things. A little one went on ebay recently - considered it for the wife (but she would have killed me).

An Alves - I may just have to get a new frame built :D

There's a reason the US goverment declassified Aermet...it did not work.

Almost every Aermet frame I've ever seen (or built with) has broken. There were more builders that worked with Aermet than what has been named but most only built a frame or two.

Generally, the material was very brittle, often snagging and chipping during mitering, was terrible for ductility, and often resulted in mid-tube cracks and/or failures within a few months.

I agree, one will be rare to find, as most were returned and placed in the scrap bin.

cheers,

rody

no, like this one , they do come up on ebay in the states every now and then :!:

GTLTSDisc.JPG

Icycles used to sell nos ones for about 35 dollars :shock:

rsdiscbrake.jpg

only worked with white ind hubs (I think)

Back