Saracen Trekker comp 1989 ish (PICS ADDED)

Nice one Retrobikeguy!!!

Glad you found one, looks pretty sweet..I had to beg and pray to get a new paint job on my Pace...which co-insidently should be coming back from the painters before Christmas....

:D

Ok, took a couple of pics yesterday chaps .

after a quick clean it appears to be all deore II except for the DX sti , not too bad condition either still got the original wolber/saracen AT20 rims , saddle has no rips and it still has one of the farmer johns up front as well.

I added the DX comp pedals after but I do have some original Deore II Huge beartraps that need a serious resto job that should go great with this.

:idea: Do we think the Sti should go in favour of thumbies :?: , I think the Sti were probably an upgrade :? from the original thumbies :!:

:oops: Sorry about the first picture quality, I used the camera phone and must have shivered , I will get a better photo soon➡️

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

Trekker 1990?

Delight in your passion for what was my first ever mnt.bike ...any particular reason? Would of thought a fillet brazed Killi flyer was the one to seek out, rather than the humble trekker...
the turquosie model =1988
the grass green =1989
the black =1990

according to test in MBUK (Vol.1no.3) it weighed 28 1/2 lbs!!! (that inc. saddle with springs, monster wide handle bars, and rear mech protector).

not that I'd know as at the time I always got me Dad to lift the thing over styles and gates etc.

awesome bikes, lovely colour, (kinda like a YETI blue but not quite) seen below in various states of MBUK / Derek Purdy inspired action during late 80s brillant spec deore / deore xt...super solid bikes (although I had to get the steerer tube straightened a few times...), nice touches were the investment cast unicrown forks

ydu7mg.jpg

yd6szi.jpg

nice old saracens :D

I always think u-brakes look great too. These were the dasy when I used to aspire to Saracens, the tufftrax being one of them.

Nice condition, nice find!!

Re: Trekker 1990?

tangent":3kgxcjdm said:
Delight in your passion for what was my first ever mnt.bike ...any particular reason? Would of thought a fillet brazed Killi flyer was the one to seek out, rather than the humble trekker...

Oh I would have a kiliflyer ................... if one ever came up, but I really wanted the trekker, double U brakes - did it for me :)

Another one struck off my list john :)

Now.............................whats next on my list ?

;)

Back