one for the camera chaps

MAXTHEROTTI":33wfqi1u said:
thats the sort of thing i want to do

Then you should be able to get set up for $500 or so. IMO, you're not going to need anything longer than a 55mm for landscape photography. Sometimes a wide-angle makes for a cool effect, but stick with the kit lens until you get used to the camera.

Hope this helps. Email me anytime with questions... I love this stuff almost as much as I love old bikes.

rob - i bought my first SLR last january.

I bagged a nikon d50 with 18-55m kit lens for less than 250 back then (which wasnt bad).

Great little camera to ease you into photography.

BE WARNED though, just like bikes you'll find neverending things to buy.

I like using external flashes shot thru umbrellas (studio style). I found www.flickr.com to be the best place to talk to other photographers etc. loads of forums on there for any given subject.

a few of mine:

2629118208_5d40e206dd_o.jpg

2736858410_7ab406fd68_o.jpg

wow i was not expecting this level of response for this on here :)
i defo need to do much more home work on this subject
keep all the suggestions/opinions coming chaps esp with any good deals you happen to see out there (and i dont mind used helps the pocket a bit ;) )

rob
and more pics too chaps feel free to use this thread to show off :cool:

the main reason i started getting into this was by work.

Being new to estate agency i couldnt understand why we had to put up with such rubbish photos of peoples houses.

i took our standard from this:

2227839281_7bd969d84a.jpg

to this:

2227839279_cc14b98692.jpg

its by no means professional but its a damn site better than what the company used to do!!

Dad just got into this again before sadly becoming bed bound, spent about 1k in the summer on Nikon gear the difference it makes is amazing, Was going to start taking it out on rides but its too bloody bulky for my liking!! :D

Before you ask Rob .... Its not for sale!! ;)

Daj, i've been toying with the idea of taking the SLR out on the bike. The most popular solution seems to be a chest pack hanging off the camelback straps. It allows instant access too. It'll only be going out on the longer/dry days though ;)

Back