GT Zaskar project nearly there !!

delboy009

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Its very very very very shiny !!!!! Its verrreee shiny.... :D

Just need that xtr m900 left pod to finish it off !! Other parts from Ebay are on their way ;)

And before anyone asks, no I dont have go go gadget legs, I just havn't set the seat to the correct height yet :)

Del

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,671
Wowsers, great shineness abound, agree better outside shot required. You may have convinced me to finish polishing an old GT (non zaskar) frame I have.

Poo you've beaten me to the super shinny look, Ive been polishing the nuts out of my Turner Burner...........what process of polishing have you used?

Aaahhhh... The secret of my succes !! ;)

Firstly I agree the pic is poop but thats only cos its not finished !! Proper SLR photo's on the way once project complete :D

As for the polishing guys !! Are you ready for this ??? You'll think im mad doing it to just a Zaskar !!

Strip off all decals, rub down entire frame with 320 paper, rubbing particulary hard on all the marks & scratches etc !! Then run over with 600 grit to a smoother finish all over, then finally 1200 grit rubbed not length ways along the frame but torn into strips and rubbed across the frame in the motion as if you had wet nuts and you were drying them with a towel !! :LOL: Sorry bout that !!!

I find it works better this way as you are now finishing against the original grain of the 600 paper !! Then finally its one HUGE bottle of Brasso (fantastic for aly yet dont mention it on the tin!!) and a foam buffing wheel on a car polishing mop !! The welds etc just have to be done by hand !! Was tempted to give them the Klein butter weld look, like I did to the Kalloy stem but realised I would stil be doing it over xmas !!

Ive finally coated everything polished in some shit hot car wax to help stop corrosion !!! Job done :D

delboy009":3ok750z3 said:
Aaahhhh... The secret of my succes !! ;)

Firstly I agree the pic is poop but thats only cos its not finished !! Proper SLR photo's on the way once project complete :D

As for the polishing guys !! Are you ready for this ??? You'll think im mad doing it to just a Zaskar !!

Strip off all decals, rub down entire frame with 320 paper, rubbing particulary hard on all the marks & scratches etc !! Then run over with 600 grit to a smoother finish all over, then finally 1200 grit rubbed not length ways along the frame but torn into strips and rubbed across the frame in the motion as if you had wet nuts and you were drying them with a towel !! :LOL: Sorry bout that !!!

I find it works better this way as you are now finishing against the original grain of the 600 paper !! Then finally its one HUGE bottle of Brasso (fantastic for aly yet dont mention it on the tin!!) and a foam buffing wheel on a car polishing mop !! The welds etc just have to be done by hand !! Was tempted to give them the Klein butter weld look, like I did to the Kalloy stem but realised I would stil be doing it over xmas !!

Ive finally coated everything polished in some shit hot car wax to help stop corrosion !!! Job done :D

And now the added surface durabilty of the original Ball Burnishing has all been removed and it will corrode much easier.

Latest posts

Back