BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hello fellow road bicycle enthousiasts,

Tray 1: Concorde PDM pantographed parts

3048244654_2472e5745e_b.jpg

Story is that these came off a team Concorde PDM time trail bike. Apparently weight saving was of exceptional importance, as the seatpost has been cut to ridiculous short lenght. Only what is really needed is left. The stem is a Cinelli 1R with the internal clamping mechanism. Nice stem. The bolt that clamps stem into the steerer is aluminum. What is crap, I can tell from experience. The cranks are of the Corsa Record series. I do not have the full bike, only those parts.

Tray 2: Nuovo Record, 1st gen Super Record, 2nd gen Super Record

3047403421_cec0c47f98_b.jpg

The middle one, the 1st gen Super Record mech, is waiting for proper steel bolts for wheels and cable that have to be donated by a NR mech. Std equipment is titanium. The bolt with which you attach the mech to the frame is made of aluminum instead of titanium like with the right 2nd gen SR mech. The aluminum one feels even lighter. Was this al bolt std for the 1st gen SR mech?

Tray 3: Universal Mod. 61 brake callipers

3047405427_9b924c024f_b.jpg

Centre pull brakes by Universal. Not in the pic, but I also have the required bits like hangers etc. I do not know much about these Mod.61 brakes. How should we rate them? I am planning to build a Presto with Nuovo Gran Sport. Will be semi tour/race. I intend to go with the Universals instead of the Nuovo Gran Sport for the brakes. So many bikes with full Campa already and this gives a little special touch I reasoned. Good idea?

Thank you.

A very nice selection of parts. The Universal centre pulls were used by many of the Italian pros in the 60's before Campag introduced their own brakes. Do you have the Universal levers to go with them? (and the brown 'rubber' hoods? - like rocking horse dung these days!) I used these a lot myself in conjunction with different stirrups, many riders used Universal Levers with Mafac stirrups.

Hi Ned,

Sounds like they are good :cool: ...and a proper choice for my Presto built.

No, I do not have the matching levers. The brakes came on a late 60s/early 70s Zieleman and the bike got aero levers at some point. The brakes will have to go with the Nuovo Gran Sport levers than.

The Zieleman also came with a Stronglight crankset that required an odd size crank puller. Doubt whether that one will be used again by me. I were very delighted with the Titan seatpost. Titan = an old parts manufacturer from the low lands. Will be used for the Presto build too.

Titan made steel 'bars and stems didn't they? Very popular with the track riders I think.

I have a set of those C-Record cranks. They need to come of the bike and the removal threads are stripped. Guess what I'm going to have to do :cry:

Talking of crank removal - If you aren't going to use the Stronglight crank puller again, I would be very interested. I have a couple of sets of Stronglight cranks that I need to remove (IIRC all pre '82 Stronglight cranks needed the different sized puller.

My Carlton is having centre pull brakes (Weinmann in my case) and NR levers, so a good choice I say!!

Sad story on your C-Record crank. Ever tried riding it without bolt? Maybe it falls off. How about positioning the other crank in the oposite direction and using such a jack?

On the Stronglight extractor: I do not have one. A LBS owner was so kind to take his own one from home. That I do not have one myself is also a reason why I will probably never use the cranks again.

Cool looking stuff. I've ridden centre pulls, they're suprisingly good stoppers, well worth putting on a bike and riding.

Elev12k":272ihrht said:
Sad story on your C-Record crank. Ever tried riding it without bolt? Maybe it falls off. How about positioning the other crank in the oposite direction and using such a jack?

On the Stronglight extractor: I do not have one. A LBS owner was so kind to take his own one from home. That I do not have one myself is also a reason why I will probably never use the cranks again.

I know a few ways of getting them off, but most destroy the crank, like riding without the bolt. I'll try the non destructive ways first!

I think I will have to buy a stronglight extractor, I like the old Stronglight cranks.

Back