got done for speeding today

crud

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
higher than 70 in a 70mph, 3 points and 60 quid :(

there goes my clean slate.

anyone else been caught recently? cheer me up by knowing im not alone :D

yea im suprised actually, as it was actually not very close to 70mph.

think he was going easy on the points as he also done me for no seatbelt :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'd say speeding in a 30 past schools and shops etc is more serious than speeding on the motorway but even then a line must be drawn.

I've got a clean licence but then i dont drive much, did have six points for a while through getting caught driving an HGV over 40mph on A roads where they are an easy target :roll:

Was reading about a guy on another forum who got a heap of points and a fine for driving someone elses car which had illegal tyres, it was his responsability to check the car was roadworthy but he did what most of us would have done and just jumped in and drove off :roll:

4 years ago i overtook a plain police car and another car in a 40mph limit, who were doing 32mph, and carried on at 55mph, perfectly straight road about 1 1/2 miles long, conditions were perfect generally, it's only a 40 limit because of potential animals on the road, otherwise it would be a 60 limit. it's a country road so nothing either side of the road.

basically i was late for my 2nd job looking after autistic kids, as i drove on at 55mph the undercover volvo had floored it up my boot but didn't identify himself, i thought what a knob and stuck it in 3rd and booted it!!

mistake. got done for 83mph! he pushed me past the 60mph target of instant ban then put his lights on when i hit 80.

i freely admit i shouldn't have booted it when he was up my boot but he should have identified himself straight away.

i went to court, complained that he didn't identify himself and pushed me by being intimidating past the speed i was going to be doing which was 55mph. the copper admitted that i didn't go past 55 until he was on my boot. the judge felt the copper had pushed me after reading his notes and only gave me a £200 fine and 6 points.

i freely admit i was speeding but i would only have gone at 55, lets face it everyone pushes the limit. i didn't accelerate till he was hanging off my bootlid! i just hate the fact that they pushed me, if they had stopped me at 55 it would have been 40 quid and 3 points.

i'm not trying to defend the fact that i was speeding, i shouldn't have done it regardless of the circumstances, i just think that sometimes the figures and targets the police get tempt them into pushing people to go faster than they might have if they hadn't been there in the first place.

i was on the a55 dual carrigeway and would say there were two cars in the visible distance in front and 3 behind, i was a good 200 yards from any other car. i broke the law but i wasnt doing anybody any harm or putting anyone in danger.

i do circa 50k a year and have done for 2 and a half years so i guess the odds were stacked against me.

the trails are going to get it this weekend :twisted: :twisted: least the coppers arent there, yet.

Not since 2000.

I did an average of 99.6 on the A11.

5 points :roll:

Behaved myself since :cool:

Back