Rarest of the rare thread.

Ahhh gump...the Trimble road bike was actually the creation of Brent's Brother, James (I think?).

From what I remember, the road bike came first then the creation of the mountain bike was born unto the Trimble family.

The road bike was built to be aero...however, it was in fact plagued by the cross wind syndrome, albeit not as bad as one would expect.

Rare as hens teeth...though not as rare as the Woods Bike :roll:

cheers,

rody

A Ritchey Softtail in team colours
A photo of Toms Ritchey with the extended seat tube

A Ritchey Softtail in team colours I REMEBER seeing those being sold off when Fisher (importer) had a stand at the last grundig world cup in plymouth.

A photo of Toms Ritchey with the extended seat tube. GOT THE MAG, soz cant do scans!

rare Salsa

My mate has a jellybean Salsa.Been resprayed though, but got someone to recreate jellybean finish.Last time I saw it, it had some old skool sids on and avid arch supremes.He was sponsored by Scott once so spends more time on a Scott Srike now! Kinda retro too!

Nothing too fancy...

Sbike frame
Suntour XC Power brake levers
Machine Tech Zeroweld stem (red)
Suntour Powerhangers for canti's
Sakae double-prong stem

I'd forgotten the Titan 1/2 Trac......blimey!

Things I would like Santa to bring include.......

Pauls Moon Units in purple
Bontrager Stealth rigid fork
Chrome clothing (same guys who make the courier bags still)
Swobo Sleeveless Jersey in blue with embroidered Cocktail Glass (XL)
Swobo Clip-On Tie
Sram 9.0SL rear mech with leopardskin print carbon bits
Sram 9.0SL rear mech with woodgrain print carbon bits
Race Face RaceVogs Shoes (UK Size 10)

Oh.........and the moon on a stick (may be easier than some of these!)

Stu

scant":18wxsgb5 said:
A Ritchey Softtail in team colours I REMEBER seeing those being sold off when Fisher (importer) had a stand at the last grundig world cup in plymouth.

A photo of Toms Ritchey with the extended seat tube. GOT THE MAG, soz cant do scans!
Scant yet again taunts and teases :)
Had the option of buying a softtail from Fishers. It used to belong to a director they'd parted company with. Couldn't afford it at the time. It was the complete bike, full WCS kit. I know wish i'd tried a bit harder :roll:

For me I'd like to find the following:

An early (mid 90s) Turner Burner and/or aTurner Afterburner (with the straight chainstays from the BB pivit) see below.

turner.jpg

even something with Kona stickers would be acceptable!

turnerdhr2005_misser.jpg

A couple have appeared on UK eBay but neither will send outside the UK so add a willing sender to the list too ;)

andrewl":10by0onm said:
For me I'd like to find the following:

An early (mid 90s) Turner Burner and/or aTurner Afterburner (with the straight chainstays from the BB pivit).

even something with Kona stickers would be acceptable!

A couple have appeared on UK eBay but neither will send outside the UK so add a willing sender to the list too ;)

I'd love to get my hands on one of those! If you're after someone to get one delivered to & then forward it on, I'm sure I could manage (as long as I got to hold onto it for a couple of years! ;) )... :)

:!: Mavic wishbone shifters

:!: moonhead chainrings or cranks

:!: kestrel nitro

:!: tioga farmer johns

I am sure theres more :!:

until a few days ago I would have said saracen trekker, but that search is now over :)

Back