Reflex

South Bound":3ggo4ywc said:
Ameybrook, go on then, was one of these painted to look like something else subsequently achieving success or fame?

Easton C9, or "alucarb" bikes are better known with Yeti and Raleigh decals. A cool concept / design that never took off under the Reflex banner.

g12.jpg

the story goes that easton had to stop making frames and sell the brand to Look as its clients were not happy about it .

there was a version with the 3 tubes from the main triangle carbon , mine is only the downtube .
must be one of the earliest MTB frame with carbon in it .

ameybrook":300ddwj1 said:
South Bound":300ddwj1 said:
Ameybrook, go on then, was one of these painted to look like something else subsequently achieving success or fame?

Easton C9, or "alucarb" bikes are better known with Yeti and Raleigh decals. A cool concept / design that never took off under the Reflex banner.

g12.jpg

so with a bit of paint and yeti decals I could sell it as a Yeti C26 ? :LOL:

seriously, thanks for the info Mike . ;)

cchris2lou":2w97d172 said:
the story goes that easton had to stop making frames and sell the brand to Look as its clients were not happy about it .

there was a version with the 3 tubes from the main triangle carbon , mine is only the downtube .
must be one of the earliest MTB frame with carbon in it .

Chris is right. Easton went to a bunch of companies and said they were developing the tubeset "exclusively for you" etc.

Further reading

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t ... ght=Reflex

Back