Pinarello - tatty but with interesting crankset

Foreigner

Senior Retro Guru
Picked this mix bag of bits on what looks like 70/80's entry level Pinarello one up (well someone else did it for me and stored in my summer house as no travel allowed currently) for a price of chicken bucket meal. Very very tatty, but what drew my attention to it was the pantographed Campi crankset.

Can anyone shed some light to it, history, worth anything at all, what group is it? There is one currently on eBay for sale at IMO silly £200...pick of it all shiny included below (No 2).

Have couple of Campi groupsets, but no Pino frame, so tempted to restore this old lady and stick some goodies on.

@Bianchi girl - your knowledge is valuable

Attachments

• A73B4C08-65B1-45D7-B3E7-EAA692F634F7.jpeg
    A73B4C08-65B1-45D7-B3E7-EAA692F634F7.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,269
  • 9540C7C7-E9AC-4B35-8CB5-3D45C61EA2F1.jpeg
    9540C7C7-E9AC-4B35-8CB5-3D45C61EA2F1.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 1,269
  • CED35FD5-9A44-49BB-9EC3-013A5B1DBFE4.jpeg
    CED35FD5-9A44-49BB-9EC3-013A5B1DBFE4.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,269
Re:

Different cranks, but same rings? Look like Triomphe / Victory, forget which is which but both use an inconvenient 116 BCD chainring. Nice pick up for cheap though!

Re: Re:

Thanks Rod,

identifying Campi is damn difficult for me, have few sets that have no idea what they are.

Are these rings desirable at all or more of a fashion fad?

Re:

I’m sure that with the Pinarello pantograph on them they’re more desirable than without, but NOS original Campy 116 BCD rings can be had for about £30 so you’ll not be retiring on it!

Re: Re:

:LOL:

Not trying to make money, just figuring out what these are as not seen any in flesh and if to leave on the bike or change as will need to do full overhaul anyway. Luckily a cousin has a car respray business, rest is easy to put together.

Thanks again

Triomphe / Victory. IIRC that's Victory as it has the thinner neck on each arm.

There were a set being sold as Record last week on eBay. :LOL:

The 116pcd is irritating but gives ring sizes identical to today's fashionable semi-compact. Miche still make the rings.

The one on the bike is Victory with the self extracting bolts, the eBay ad photo is Triomphe with the dust caps.

116 is a bit of a pain, but I was lucky at a cycle jumble last year and found a set of 50/35 rings in perfect condition. Always worth rummaging through boxes of chainrings :D

Thanks to all for the facts about the rings, really appreciate. Not seen the bike in flesh yet, as it was a distance purchase, but looking forward to get started on (another) resto project.

Back