Muddy Fox Interactive..

Well when I take 'proper' photos I'll do it justice.. looks Soooo much better in the detail than in the photo on here!!

how much does it weigh now and what does it ride like?

I quite like it :D It's a bit different.

how much does it weigh now and what does it ride like?

Well it's not hyper light... this is from around 1995-1996..

As far as the ride goes.. this frame has never been used!!

It belonged to a guy that worked for Muddy Fox who was given it as a retirement pressie, kept it on the wall in his house all these years...

I've rode it around a few tracks where I was confident I wasn't going to chip the mint paintwork.. is very stable.. basically the frame lowers as one front and back when you hit a bump or slam the brakes on.. hyper stable on corners and under heavy braking on the flat...

I've decided to sell it once finished so if someone else wants to risk chipping it.... I just can't bring myself to risk damaging it!!

I know that sounds crap because these are built to use. But when you get one this old and this mint.. plays on the mind a bit..

They are very rare. The reason is that they were vey very expensive when new and they were released at the boom time for bike advancement. Full suspension was getting big and John Tomac and Missy Giove were all the rage so people were spening their money on Cannondales, Specialized's Konas etc but Muddy Fox was heavily overlooked which was a shame.

So i think you have a great and very interesting bike. I respect anything thats different!

Try as I might, I can't resolve this:
Santercruz":lz48odg3 said:
It belonged to a guy that worked for Muddy Fox who was given it as a retirement pressie, kept it on the wall in his house all these years...
with this:
Santercruz":lz48odg3 said:
all mine were rusty so got removed and replaced
or this:
eBay listing":lz48odg3 said:
THIS BIKE IS UNUSED AND COMES WITH ALL ORIGINAL PARTS... NEWLY PAINTED BY PROFESSIONAL SPRAY SHOP!
:?
It would have come with full M900 XTR groupset or possibly (if production ran into '96) the 1st gen M950 (grey) XTR, not the weird mish mash shown on the eBay listing.

Sam R!

Well, the frame was on the wall apparently (as that's the bit that mattered), the parts the guy on ebay stuck on.. just to 'make it go' I think..

The bolts were showing signs of corrosion.. just from humidity I recon.. this can happen indoors too.. Tumble dryers are a main culprit!

Re-read the ebay listing.. the newly sprayed is actually referring to the Grimeco wheels he was getting rid of with the bike... he had sprayed to match his BMW.... whatever floats your boat? I don't want them! if anyone does if they cover the cost of the postage they can have them.
;)

The postage covered, the wheels are now gone to mazdaman1980..

Back