COOLWALL: Were fluo paintjobs cool? Eh?

Fluorescent paint? Cool or gash?

• I love it. Just love a bright fluo bike....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Time and place for everything. Not bothered.

• No. No. No. Just no ok?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Ok - next one!

Fluo paintjobs? I.e the use of fluorescent paint.

paint.jpg

Cool or gash?

:D

Come on , this is cool . Fluo MTB have changed the whole cycling world , not only MTB . Road bikes and gears used to be very dull , black and white , and then the fluo MTB arrived and it all changed .

Shame that MTB nowadays are back to black and white . :cry:

In a few years time the equivalent on the cool wall will be Gothic script for the lettering in bike names (e.g. Ellsworth)... I hate it. :?

Fluoro always reminds me of those fingerless gloves George Michael wore in the 'wake me up before you go go' video.. can that be cool ????

I think it depends on the bike, the fluoro Kleins are cool, not sure about those fluoro yellow Marin Muirwoods ..

Flourescent paint is just not cool, I never liked it BITD when it was!

Even if you want to stand out from the crowd there are better ways to do it, a well executed custom job (a la Rody's bikes) or just a well applied primary colour (Pinarello or Gios blue for example).

Fluoro plaint always meade me feel like it was there to draw attention to a bike that couldn't manage to garner any interest on it's merits.

Hmmm... I had a Diamondback topanga BITD that was grey & flouro pink(!) & my Saracen's hardly subtle... But are they cool? They'd have looked dull otherwise (& they're certainly better than the all-blacks that you get today), but I look at them as more 'comedy' than 'cool' :?

Guess that's probably a 'no' then from me...

Cool then uncool

Flouro bikes were cool in their day. Early eighties classics like the trek 830 and 8900 had their moment and then it passed. The flouro front end marins were great but then passe as the toys r us set copied. Many manufactures hung on to the look for a season/s too long or tried to be clever i seem to remember a flouro coral trek 8700.

Back