Original GT Karakoram K2

Aeronaut":2tqay7ht said:
cherrybomb":2tqay7ht said:
That's a bit minty. :cool:

I thought mine was 89-90 but it's not that colour (wish it was that's tasty).
Do you know if they did an alternative paint finish those years, mine looks like it's just the blue without the black.

Very nice.

Thanks! :) If my memory serves me right the other colour this one came in was all over blue in a lighter shade with red decals. My mate bought a blue one shortly after seeing mine. Yours certainly sounds like the one ;) I think the two tone splatter was a £20 extra on top. I remember having a hard time choosing which one to go for. Can't remember any other colours apart from them two.

That's the one.

Here's a pic. of mine, nowhere near as nice as yours or as original unfortunately. :?

Under-the-tree.jpg

Wow, nice one, theres a blast from the past, we dribbled over (if dribble could rise to the hooked up bike) these in the locals shop BITD. I think the price was so high, it was still there in 1991 (£525 IIRC)

If you ever sell it let me know, ;) I'm miles away and broke so better you keep it, you'll only regret it! :LOL:

Looks very good condition :cool:

That is the first specalised cage I have seen on here, I have allways had one and liked it (it will be included on the rebuild) :D They did a dual colour version to, dad had a pastel pink and yellow version :LOL:

Mmm, Galactic Fade! Good looking bike in fine original condition. I used to have one just like it until I sold it to a friend and assisted him in stripping and repainting it :roll: . I'm happy to see you've made no such mistake.

Back