So, how to drop weight quickly?

im 11 1/2 ish stone and sit here eating a packet of jaffa cakes :LOL:

mmm think ill make a hot chocolate

perry":19afk359 said:
im 11 1/2 ish stone and sit here eating a packet of jaffa cakes :LOL:

mmm think ill make a hot chocolate
im only a stone behind at 12.4 stone and if i get my way il be sub 12 soon :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: just keep moving moving yeah yeah just keep moving :LOL: :LOL: i just cut the crap out and uped my routine but this week so far i havent done much as monday i had my wisdom (bloody crap name) tooth out and my jaw hole hurts :cry: :cry: :LOL:

Regular excercise and sensible diet, that's all it takes - plus a bit of will power. Do some sort of excercise every other day, mix it up a bit or else you'll get bored quickly. Cutting out the booze and take-aways is a must.

Buy some prawns. Leave them on the side for a couple of days before eating them and the weight will drop off!

Seriously, though, introduce simple exercise into your life. Take the stairs instead of the lift / escalator; don't get the tube, walk it where possible (often easier on the way IN to work than on the way home); buy the cheapest bike you can and cycle to work if you have the facilities to shower / change

Change your diet SLOWLY: eat porridge for breakfast to cut out morning snacking on crap food; ditch the lattes, put £2 a day in a bike fund instead.

Long term habits are acquired slowly.

Once the bike is built, you'll be in better shape to enjoy it. Plenty of decent riding within a few miles of Crystal Palace.

cannondale king , funny that as id rather be in the 12s :LOL:

i plan to race bmx/cruiser so ideally need to put on more muscle mass as its all explosive sprint based

but i realised im ideal xc physique ( all my weight is in my legs , very little upperbody mass ) so i might see how well id do in some more xc type races

if i can ever be arsed to :LOL:

A few years ago I ballooned up to 14stone after losing interest in the bike,anyway I ended up getting a road bike and putting some serious miles in,worked up to doing 100miles.Lost 3 stone in only a few months,then started racing and got a bit obsessive,at which point the mrs hid the scales!Now weigh between 11-11.5 and don't worry too much about it.Did drop down to 10 stone a month ago,god what kids bring home from nursery :(

Eat less,move more,but 4 stone mate,should have asked 12 months ago.Best of luck with it though,get your head right and the rest will be easy.

I find that W&%$£ng helps. If not running for the London Marathon helps, oh and eating less of what you like. My probelm was always portion sizes. I eat healthy but just too much!

I did martial arts for 17 years and when i injured my back i had to stop and i piled on the weight. The gradual running really helped.

mazdaman you might want to consider a bit of yoga for the back , its the only thing that stops mine hurting after i put it out about 5 years ago

you can ignore all the spiritual stuff :LOL: its all about the stretches

corpse posture is what you want

http://www.santosha.com/asanas/

My martial arts was a big thing spiritually too so i am up for that. I still stretch every day and teach the odd class too but it will never be the same. I had contemplated it so you have reinforced my thoughts.

Thanks Perry!

Back