Impatience...I really should know better

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Aaargghhh.....you know I have tinkered around bikes and motorbikes for a while...as a teenager I might have rushed something...or been a bit brutal with a spanner when an overnight soak in plus-gas would have been a better thing to do......but now I have learned by my mistakes and drop a job when I think I'm rushing or it isn't going to well.

So why the hell did I rush on my new decals tonight and place the down-tube decals too high :x

Must be regressing :?:

Never mind, can do them again oneday...just soo annoyed with myself.

:roll: :LOL: :LOL:

Carl

i think you can carefully remove them , clean the goo off ( google solvents ) and use 3m spraymount to put them back on

im lucky enough to get to a point when i will just drop the tools and walk off but i did see a mate throw his deemax wheel againt the wall years ago

perry":2ssplq2o said:
i think you can carefully remove them , clean the goo off ( google solvents ) and use 3m spraymount to put them back on

im lucky enough to get to a point when i will just drop the tools and walk off but i did see a mate throw his deemax wheel againt the wall years ago

Thanks fella. Ha ha, I have a mate just like that...smallest of things and he is kicking tool boxes and generally winding himself up.....creases me up.

I first read the title as “Impotence... I really should know better” :oops:

If you read it that way the replies are pretty funny (or is it just me?). :shock:

It's a fine balance of excitement and pure fear I feel when installing a rare, delicate, expensive part onto a rare, delicate, expensive frame.

Sweat on the forehead, shaking hands.....

And then the feeling of complete and utter relief (think 17 year-old girlfriend who finally gets her late period) when it's finished! :p

I remember years back screwing a pair of very nice cranks though impatience.

It was late at night, I was going to a bike shop in the morning to pick up another part, the bike was unridable so I didn't need to be working on it. Anyway, I wanted to get the crank off but had lost my extractor, so do I:
i) leave it til the morning and pick one up from the shop when I am there anyway or
ii) get out a chisel and hammer and smack the back of the crank until the arm snaps, flies off, puts a hole in the plasterboard wall of the flat I am renting (cost ~£100 to fix), then go down the shop the next morning and buy the extractor and a new crank (cost ~£80)?

Guess which one I did....

Back