Great big Singlespeed thread!

Re:

Had issues with the single speed tensioner, so just waiting for a short cage road mech which should turn up tomorrow... Won't look as neat and pretty, but it's hardly an oil painting anyway! Bitsa bike, accidentally turned out with the look I have been wanting for ages!

Have scooted it round the field here, chainless, and if you can get it on a roll down the slope it's great fun. Fantastic 'roadster' riding position, it's going to be a blast, I'm sure. Pretty light, too, considering the saddle, bars, chainset, and BB are all heavyweight lumps.

Attachments

• P1210625.JPG
    P1210625.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 2,916
  • P1210624.JPG
    P1210624.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 2,914
  • P1210619.JPG
    P1210619.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 2,917
  • P1210622.JPG
    P1210622.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 2,916
Thought I'd add to this as I've just bought a Spot frame (although no idea when it'll turn up given the current situation!). Started by going through pics of old singlespeeds and realised I may have a problem, moreso because I keep building them and selling them! The Spot will be a keeper though... famous last words. So in no particular order:

One of the first Cotic Roadrats. Loved this bike but using it for work when work was a 10 minute walk was a bit pointless by the time I'd dragged the bike out the cellar and locked it up at work etc, I may as well have just walked. Loved this bike though:
Roadrat_05 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

One of 3 Pashley 24MHzs I've had. Rode it once, sold it. Weighed as much as the moon. Still want another:
Pashley_10 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

The one that started it all - original Inbred. I ran this alongside a Cotic Soul with a cracking spec and yet the Inbred became my go-to bike. No idea why I sold it. Stupid boy:
Norland_Moor_13 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Another I shouldn't have sold - one of those cheap CRC Curtis frames. By the time I sold it, it had Hope/Stans wheels, Middleburns and an X-Lite carbon fork. Was a rocket ship and one of the few bikes I'd have back in an instant:
IMG_7834 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Another cheap CRC Curtis, this one bought off a friend as the frame only. Was too small for me and I never finished the build:
DSC_0001 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

One of my current fleet - £100 eBay Santa Cruz Chameleon. Was a wreck when I got it so I serviced the forks, dropped the gears, changed the bar and stem and put some fast rolling tyres on it. At Bike Park Leeds and Manchester Dirt Factory its brilliant. May sell it:
20200218_124950 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Another of the current fleet, a bastardised Specialized Tricross. Hammerite paint job, dented frame, looks like a right POS but does its job of a 2.5 mile each way commute and gets left at the station all day.
20191218_081233 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Ah, another fave. My second Roadrat and a great bike - carbon fork, lightweight wheels etc. Someone else took a shine to it as well and destroyed the door of the bikelocker at the station to get it. Obviously thought they deserved it more than me. GUess its still in the area. If I see it someone will be getting a hiding:
20181008_073718 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

One of those "I'm not even going to use it when I've finished it" builds. Sold before finishing it.
20180305_133129 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Definitely falls into the realms of "shouldn't have sold it". Brooklyn Machine Works Park Bike:
2016-04-28_08-08-34 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Another surprisingly good bike from On-One. Mk1 456 Summer Season with a short fork, singlespeed, wife bars etc. A brilliant bike.
456SS_01 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Re:

Brilliant!! Lovely bikes those, all of them.

Makes me feel a whole lot better about constantly building and then selling... :LOL:

May single speed the Rock Hopper next :cool:

Re:

Built this up recently with gears but had a nagging feeling that I'd rather it was simpler so I've converted it to single speed!

Cheers Kyle

Attachments

• 2020-03-26_05-56-30.jpg
    2020-03-26_05-56-30.jpg
    839.4 KB · Views: 2,860
Back