OLD SCHOOL ROCK SHOX and M900 CUSTOM ;-)

delboy009

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Have I done the right thing guys or should I burn for this ?? They did need restoration either way !!

Im particulary proud of that shite Kalloy stem though !! Like the homemade butter welds !! You would never know I was a Klein nut !!

As for the cranks they were in a bit bad shape so needed some TLC !!

P.S Thanks to OldSchoolPete for the original Rock Shox decals ;)

Attachments

• pic 1 ret.jpg
    pic 1 ret.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 2,385
Nice bit of polishing!

Have some M900 cranks very similar :)

Have you coated the RS with anything? They will corrode lots in not lots of time otherwise - I know, tried it! :)

oh, will move this thread to parts too, guess thats where you meant it to be

Hey Gump...

Didnt really want to laquer em with a rattle can as it tends to dull them down a bit !! I may however properly laquer them with a gun and compressor when the sun shines again next summer... 2 part Laquer from the gun is Sooo much better :)

How did you do the Rock Shox?

I like the look, is very tempting to do my Zaskar's 21's that way :cool:

After all that polishing on the M900, the rusty crank bolts let it down...

.. looks at his own scratched and scrapped M900 and shuts up ;) ...

Cheers for all the comments guys ;-)

To get the Rock Shox like that Pickle I firstly Took em to bits, used paaint stripper on the legs which works a treat! Then I used various grades of paper to sand them back finally finishing up with 1200 grit then some serious polishing with a car polishing mop with foam head and shit loads of Brasso !! Which works damn well on Aly by the way !! ;)

Ha ha, well noticed my Littlefluffychicken !! However they are only temporaries whislt scouring Ebay for some nice Tit ones !! Anybody got some for sale ???

Cheers for al the good comments though guys !! Got the bike near back together now. Did exact to the frame as the Rock Shox and it looks ten times more shiny than from the factory !! The aly is super flat and therefore like mirror !! Pics to come soon ;)

Latest posts

Back