Show me your Tioga Disc Drive equipped bikes!

That Kona Hei Hei looks the bomb!!!

Nice work for 93, must have cost a fortune! :shock:

Rich

ameybrook":vo4dqh4j said:
Rupe_Ultimate.jpg

Ultimate + RS1+ T-disc + suspension seatpost = heaviest bike of all time?

Who cares when your riding the Kamakaze?? ;)

This treath makes me so.....

I just wonder and thats why I havent been searching for a discwheel how they would fit the larger kind of framesizes. I mean it looks stunning on all your small sized frames but I have never seen f.e. a 22"Klein with Tioga Disc...

All this talk of Disk Drives folding and breaking easily :? Are they really that weak, and if they do break can they be repaired??? It makes me edgy about riding mine just in case I break a thread and total the wheel (be nice to know I can fix it if that happens)

Oh… and here's the Wicked

Attachments

• Fat_Wicked.jpg
    Fat_Wicked.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 2,756
Well... as it saiys above.. bought mine second hand looking very tidy.

First ride out, easy spin round some local woods and came back like a crisp. Had to undo brakes to get home.

So, not to be put off from racing it at mayem, spent a bit of time trueing and retensioning. No idea how tight, just 'felt right' :LOL:
Held up racing and riding and still true as :)

But they do have limited life, and depending how they fail, cannot be repaired. They so look and sound cool though :cool:

disc drive cord fixing kits have appeared on ebay time to time. I've heard they're the same as fixing fishing lines? ..which is fine if the cord breaks in 1 place & you can identify it. with regular use the cord rubs against the alu "button" on the other side of the disc & slowly wears through the cord in several locations all at once, thats how 1 of mine died. my mate seth killed 1 on dartmoor via a fairly rock pinging up! colin williams broke 1 riding a bmx track 20mins from new. I've heard lots of horror stories over the years, while others have never had a problem.
tomacs were binned after every 20rides remember...
disc drives eh, look & sound cool.. deffo 1 of the biggest marketing cons of the late 80s, early 90s :LOL:

I guess if you ride in infrequently & dont ride anywhere massively rocky it should keep on going for some time.

Very sound advice Scant. Was planning to find a normal rear wheel for when I actually use the bike, keep the Disk for those special occasions.

The only reason I mentioned the breaking issue is some of the threads are looking a little furry in places, especially at the hub end and every time I take it out I half expect to bring it back looking like a quaver. Still, as with most things, I guess anything is fixable if you throw enough money and time at it :LOL:

Rich":2g20skas said:
That Kona Hei Hei looks the bomb!!!

Nice work for 93, must have cost a fortune! :shock:

Rich

Cheers

It was indeed a tad expensive! I remember having to wait ages for the Disk Drive but just had to have one. Found the reciept the other day for it, was something silly like £500/600 which was incredible for 1993!

Back